No announcement yet.

Please check my wiring diagram: DiMarzio Super Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pickup test rig would be awesome. It's kind of hard to be sure what it's going to sound like when playing with wires and alligator clips hanging out the back of your axe.

Comment

Super 5 way - slugs n blades, 1 volume with 2 tones (strat config)

I love this configuration! I was wondering, any way you could draw up a diagram with this configuration with 1 volume and 2 tones? I have a HH strat configuration and would love to include 1 volume and 2 tones (neck and bridge, of course). I REALLY appreciate any advice. Thank you SOOOO much for any help.
      ~Chris

Originally posted by Jason Rodgers View Post
      Hi, folks! I can follow a diagram, but making modifications strays outside my knowledge base a wee bit. I want to wire up a couple humbuckers I made with a DiMarzio Super Switch, using this diagram as a starting point http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/defaul..._ep1112web.pdf, with some changes to positions 2 and 4. If I drew it right, it should work like this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34909[/ATTACH]

The change I made to the 2 and 4 positions is instead of selecting inside/outside coils, it selects the top/bottom coils. The reason for this is the content of the pickups. The neck north and bridge south are slug coils wound with 43awg and carrying neodymium magnets; the neck south and bridge north are blade coils wound with 42awg and carrying ceramic8 magnets. This is an experiment, clearly, and I want to isolate the different types of coils to hear what they sound like. If they don't end up sounding particularly different, there are some other cool switching diagrams on the DiMarzio website.

Thanks for looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Otto View Post
        I love this configuration! I was wondering, any way you could draw up a diagram with this configuration with 1 volume and 2 tones? I have a HH strat configuration and would love to include 1 volume and 2 tones (neck and bridge, of course). I REALLY appreciate any advice. Thank you SOOOO much for any help.
        ~Chris
        Going from a 1 volume, 1 tone, to a 1 volume, 2 tone (1 for neck, 1 for bridge)?
        With all the options of the super switch, to then also split tone off for neck, and bridge, is a very tall order.
        I think you would need some additional switches to do so.
        The question is, would the additional work and switches be worth the effort?
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

You could put the tones in between the common terminals and the volume. If I was going with two tones I would consider 2 volumes.

Comment

Working...
          X