"S90" pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
    Well, Ok? Appearence can be decieving.....Your in a public forum with other pickup makers?Surely inconsistencys will be pointed out. Opinions will fly.....Material is in the eye of the beholder.
    Passing judgement? I think not dude. Just viewing your picture you supplyed to harmony central??
    Whats inconsistent. You think I use one part from GJ..It's not. But to you if I'm not using what you guys use I'm inconsistent? A magnet might be a fraction of a mm off..whatever.
    Pussom wants to call me a hack..Thats passing judgment and being a jerk. But I'm not the first he's done that too..I wont stoop to his childish behavior and respond to him.

Nightwinder can I visit your website and leave my unfounded opinions on how well you make pickups by just looking at your photos.?

Actually i would never do that. But you guys keep on doing it.
    I'm going to fill my daily orders.

Peace!!!
    Bryan Gunsher
    http://www.bg-pups.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BGPups

Comment

Before this becomes a pissing match about components and what is an acceptable degree of opinion/expression, can you please address the issue of calling your product a S-90. Do you have Kersting's permission to do so? Do you think it is needed? Do you think it is right (not the same question)? Your answer to those questions are more important to me than where you got your keeper bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Norcal_GIT_r View Post
        Whats inconsistent. You think I use one part from GJ..It's not. But to you if I'm not using what you guys use I'm inconsistent? A magnet might be a fraction of a mm off..whatever.
        Pussom wants to call me a hack..Thats passing judgment and being a jerk. But I'm not the first he's done that too..I wont stoop to his childish behavior and respond to him.

Nightwinder can I visit your website and leave my unfounded opinions on how well you make pickups by just looking at your photos.?

Actually i would never do that. But you guys keep on doing it.
        I'm going to fill my daily orders.

Peace!!!
        I can't speak for Possum......

But I'll definately speak for myself : )
        Sure, you could leave some unfounded opinions on how well I make pickups, and you can see that just by the photos too: ) If you see anything inconsistant with the modeled descriptions just let me know and I will correct you as we go. After all , I made the little demons.
        Gj or what not? Who cares. I don't. Honestly, I care less about the others opinion .....I take care of my own and genuinely I think people know that. Like a grain of salt falling from the table. Thats an opinion There are a few other people here that are strait up like this too. I use this site for info on material mostly, getting some ideals for tooling etc. , but for the most part I could care less what Possum or the others think in regards to the way I do my stuff. Its my shit You know? If I wanted your opinion.....(you know the rest)
        Perhaps take it with a grain of salt? Fuck what I or others say???? Its your stuff bro. Your decisions. Use this place for information and a learning tool. I like reading things some guys post in here, some stuff is way far off base and I get a chuckle out of it. Actually laughing......I've also learned some valuable stuff too. Cool people here, not so cool people here. Don't take it so harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Gilmore View Post
          Before this becomes a pissing match about components and what is an acceptable degree of opinion/expression, can you please address the issue of calling your product a S-90. Do you have Kersting's permission to do so? Do you think it is needed? Do you think it is right (not the same question)? Your answer to those questions are more important to me than where you got your keeper bar.
          If Steve Kersting has proof of Trademark he knows how to contact me and I will be glad to change the designation. He'll also have to do the same to few other makers using the same designation.

Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
          I can't speak for Possum......

But I'll definately speak for myself : )
          Sure, you could leave some unfounded opinions on how well I make pickups, and you can see that just by the photos too: ) If you see anything inconsistant with the modeled descriptions just let me know and I will correct you as we go. After all , I made the little demons.
          Gj or what not? Who cares. I don't. Honestly, I care less about the others opinion .....I take care of my own and genuinely I think people know that. Like a grain of salt falling from the table. Thats an opinion There are a few other people here that are strait up like this too. I use this site for info on material mostly, getting some ideals for tooling etc. , but for the most part I could care less what Possum or the others think in regards to the way I do my stuff. Its my shit You know? If I wanted your opinion.....(you know the rest)
          Perhaps take it with a grain of salt? Fuck what I or others say???? Its your stuff bro. Your decisions. Use this place for information and a learning tool. I like reading things some guys post in here, some stuff is way far off base and I get a chuckle out of it. Actually laughing......I've also learned some valuable stuff too. Cool people here, not so cool people here. Don't take it so harsh.
          I hear what you are saying and I'm not looking to argue or fight with anyone.
          I'm very secure in what I make as a product.

Peoples opinions dont bother me, but unfounded BS is just that.
          Name calling is just that.

I dont try and copy anyone even if theres a similarity in looks.
          I'm not one of those winders trying to recreate the past. I build my pickups to give me the tones I hear in my head.
          I've been blessed by having customers who love my pickups and continue to purchase them. For that I'm very grateful.

I try to not let other people bring me down. I couldnt be happier with the direction my pups and business is going and my life has never been better.

All in all I'm somewhat flattered you guys here have spent energy on me and my work..Be it good or bad.
          Bryan Gunsher
          http://www.bg-pups.com
          https://www.facebook.com/BGPups

Comment

Well Amen!I like to look at critisism Positively. Greatful indeed am I also.......No worries man, Its all good : )

Comment

Hmm , I thought an S90 was a little Honda motorbike...

Nick

Comment

I don't even see a problem with the man's pickup. One mag ever so slightly shorter than the other? So what? Both are making full contact with the keeper bar from one end to the other and both extend well past the outside of the outer poles at both ends and that's all they need to do.

I have no idea what they sound like and there's no way to tell from the picture. If it turns out his pickups don't sound great then what you see in the photo has nothing to do with it because it looks perfectly functional to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
                  I don't even see a problem with the man's pickup. One mag ever so slightly shorter than the other? So what? Both are making full contact with the keeper bar from one end to the other and both extend well past the outside of the outer poles at both ends and that's all they need to do.
                  I do that with my mags on P90's sometimes on purpose, it's a tone thing ya know

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
                    I often use a magnet shorter than the blades, and it's just fine. It doesn't have to be the full length. A longer magnet is stronger, as is a thicker one. It's all about the area of the magnetic pole.
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                      I often use a magnet shorter than the blades, and it's just fine. It doesn't have to be the full length. A longer magnet is stronger, as is a thicker one. It's all about the area of the magnetic pole.
                      Actually, the size of the field depends on the volume of the magnet. In pickups, it looks like area is the controlling variable because all pickup magnets are about the same length.

Comment

Working...
                      X