new ohm meter for winders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ohm meter for winders

I built a cheap ohm meter which I attached to my winder.

I used a cheap ohm meter unit from ebay : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Digital...item20ffa8bcf8

it runs off 6 to 15.5 vdc. I use the dc power supply on my winder. no more flat batteries. upper limit is 20kohm which is ok for most pickups

adding a small enclosure and a couple of female banana lead connectors, it was all finished

I find it very handy and convenient to test the ohmage of the coils as I wind them and its off the bench which is good thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ohmmeter.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	869789

I hope such a thing may be useful to others who wind
    Last edited by mr fab; 07-29-2015, 12:43 AM.

That's a laugh, the Chinese seller wont sell to the U.S.
    Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

haha... normally its the reverse....

try amazon....

Comment

Originally posted by guitician View Post
        Maybe he does not want more of those overprinted/overvalued notes called USD and now he wants a stronger currency, backed by industrial products, like the Renminbi?

Which is becoming the new international currency, since it allows you to buy much sought Chinese products directly at better price.

A few Countries (many of which you wouldn't believe) who have exchanged Billions of their own currency for RMB:
        South Korea - Hong Kong - Malaysia - Indonesia - Singapore - Argentina - New Zealand - Russian Federation - Australia - Brazil - United Kingdom - European Union - Switzerland - Canada - and some 30 lesser others.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renminbi
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...f_the_renminbi
        In 2013, the RMB was the 8th most traded currency in the world[3] and the 7th most traded in early 2014. By the end of 2014, RMB has ranked 5th as the most traded currency, according to SWIFT's report, at 2.2% of SWIFT payment behind JPY (2.7%), GBP (7.9%), EUR (28.3%) and USD (44.6%). Currently (February 2015) RMB is the second most used currency in trade financing
        Besides the cold numbers, maybe this is more chilling:
        In 2010 .... McDonald's had issued renminbi denominated corporate bonds
        Oh well, just in case I'm eating lots of rice (always did) and am very proficient with chopsticks
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

No problem- just search U.S. eBay
          3 1 2 Digit 3 5 Digits Red LED 20K Ohm Resistance Counter Panel Meter 0 19 99K | eBay
          3½ Digit Digital Red LED 200K? Ohm Panel Meter Resistance Test Ohmmeter | eBay
          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Why the U.S. Gov ever pushed for China to be in the WTO is beyond me...

I'm not looking for 3.5 digit meters, I was just making an observation.

Comment

Why the U.S. Gov ever pushed for China to be in the WTO is beyond me...

I'm not looking for 3.5 digit meters, I was just making an observation.
              OK, gotcha.
              The Postal Service is losing millions a year to help you buy cheap stuff from China - The Washington Post
              DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

The Postal Service is it's own worst enemy.

Comment

Working...
                X