X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer A-400 Volume pot troubles

Hi

I have a Pioneer A400 Hifi amp with a broken pot, Was dropped
    The pot is a 100k concentric type But with 4 solder lugs per pot. I have spoken to a supplier who are pioneer dealers here in the uk but the pot is NLA
    I have check Ebay etc. I can find nothing
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3700.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	869827
    A-300_400-amp.pdf this is the only copy i have of the map

The marking on the board show the layout for a normal pot, So ive soldered one in on the volume and the balance. Not working correctly.
    If you see the picture there is a 4th solder lug.

Can anyone assist on possibly making a mod so this will work ? Would be happy to just have a volume pot and hard wire the balance. Do you know where i can get a 4 pin pot that i can use

Bassman
    Attached Files

Look at your photo, the leg on the left is a tap up near the top of the resistive stripe. That is a loudness tap. The three legs on the right are like any pot.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks enzo. I’ve fitted a standard pot in the place but it does not work correctly. The amp was working correctly with original pot but kept cutting out. on inspection i found a hairline crack though the base of pot
      Is there anything i can do with this. Can you get pots like these? I have checked all the suppliers in the uk and can't seem to see one, Not sure if they have a name
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1424916809-77849900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	839189 this is the original pot that is NLA
      Bassman

Comment

Hi Bassman

I'm guessing when you say you have checked pioneer dealers you have checked with Charles hyde and son ( CHS) ? They are listing the pot on there website

BBB

Comment

Yes mate CHS checked with pioneer both 100k and 50k versions NLA

Bassman

Comment

Many thanks for all your help. Ive found one. as used pop from a local hifi repairer.. job finished

Comment

Working...
            X