Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT10 schematic

Hi all,

I am looking for a Boss GT-10 schematic. I have on e here for repair with a faulty power circuit. Being SMD, a schematic would be very helpful as the fault is not so straightforward...

Thanks in advance!

Nico
    Interested in old, rare, unusual or just plain bizarre music equipment?
    www.nicosonic.com

Anyone, pretty please?
    www.nicosonic.com

Comment

Did you contact Boss to see if they could provide it or sell you a copy? It appears to be a current model.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes. The schematic is not available unfortunately.
        www.nicosonic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nyqusit5 View Post
          Yes. The schematic is not available unfortunately.
          Power supply is not simple, but anyway good luck (sent from a train).
          Attached Files

Comment

Just back from holidays... Thanks a lot!!!
            www.nicosonic.com

Comment

Hi Nyqusit5,

Did you have success with the Boss GT-10 repair?

I have one here that is not working also. It suddenly turned off and is not turning on anymore.

Do you have any idea what can it be?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi,
                Yes, I got it repaired but I admit I can't really remember what I had to do in the powerpsupply circuit to make it work. To many repairs since then. Check some of the small resistors coming from the psu socket. They distribute voltage to the different sections and one may be open.
                www.nicosonic.com

Comment

The only posted schematic is For the power supply.
                  So that is a good place to start.

There are a number of voltage regulators.
                  That is where I would attempt to locate a problem or not.
                  Check the V In & V Out of all of them.

Comment

More and more I see these things as disposable, period.

There is a reason the main schematic is unavailable and even if it were ... anything running on a proprietary software`(COSM something) on a proprietary processor, is SCREAMING: DON'T TOUCH ME !!!!!

But that's not the point which actually is: those are sold new for $299 , NO WAY a $65 an hour Tech is the economical option vs. replacing by something which is built in 1 minute using:

Want a parallel from another Industry?

Think a motorcycle engine where a piece of carbon stuck to piston surface, created a (very) hot spot on piston surface , locally melt aluminum and dig a "caries" which eventually goes all the way through (happened to my Brother's Honda 125 cycle).

Will somebody pay for a Tech lighting up his oxyacetylene torch , melting an aluminum bar and refilling the hole, then machining the surface smooth?

Maybe in the middle of Africa, Bangladesh or blockaded Cuba (where they still keep 50's US cars running) but not anywhere else.

FWIW my brother's mechanic repaired his (unobtainable parts) cycle by turning down to size an Argentine made piston ( a different brand) , replacing it with the caveat: this is good for 500 km only, I've cut through the surface hardened layer, only soft aluminum remains, sell it at once .

My dumb Brother found it "worked as new" and kept it ... 3 months later the engine froze solid , the bike stalled, turned in the air and sent him under a bus.

He's alive only because of some Miracle, definitely not because of his dumbness.

In anutshell, some stuff is meant only for original or full replacement, period.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post

In anutshell, some stuff is meant only for original or full replacement, period.

True. And I wouldn't attempt that repair either. Unlikely to end up being economical. But when the difficulty of repair is accompanied by profiteering manufacturers indulging in the restrictive practice of not storing and supplying replacement boards, or of charging ridiculous sums for them, then there is a kind of duty, I feel, to see if that scam can be subverted on behalf of the little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                        FWIW my brother's mechanic repaired his (unobtainable parts) cycle by turning down to size an Argentine made piston ( a different brand) , replacing it with the caveat: this is good for 500 km only, I've cut through the surface hardened layer, only soft aluminum remains, sell it at once.
                        Now, that's an ethical mechanic!
                        Last edited by rjb; 02-23-2016, 02:29 PM.
                        DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

In this case, the customer was ok to pay the minimum fee. And I was happy to repair it in these circumstances rather than see it go in the "recycling" bin or in a poor african country's dump.
                          www.nicosonic.com

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
                            Now, that's an ethical mechanic!
                            Oh, I don't blame him personally but my brother who **INSISTED** (and that's an understatement) , he was his buddy and *had* to oblige.
                            The proper full repair , as far as I remember, was to heat treat (maybe there was some Chemical magic also involved) the soft aluminum surface (not unlike cementing or nitrurizing a steel tool or engine part) but my Brother was "in a hurry" and wanted his cycle NOW!!!!
                            Oh well.
                            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I just bought one of these it came with no Power adapter I used a Boss 9 v 500 ma adapter that I use on my Boss pedals, it worked perfect after using it for an hour I turned it off after that it would no longer turn on again.
                              it said on the back only use Roland PS PSB- 1U adapter I checked and it’s 9 V 2 A it looks like using a 500 ma instead of 2 A borked it.
                              Too bad because I really liked it while it worked, did not relise it needs a dedicated PS
                              Thankfully I have the power schematic I did not pay much for the GT-10 hopefully get it repaired

Comment

Working...
                              X