Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera V22 resonance mod

Hello All,

I'd like to mod my Bugera v22 to have a resonance mod same as my 333XL, i attached the schematic of the bugera v22. do you know which resistor i'll replace with a 1M pot?

not sure if its R52

Thank you
    Attached Files

From what I can see, the two Presense Control circuits (333XL & V22) are not the same in a very fundamental way.

The 333XL is on the output path to the speaker.

Bugera 333 xl Presence Control.pdf

The V22 is inside the signal path to the Phase Inverter.

Bugera V22 Presense Control.pdf

Where the 333XL mearly adds a 1 meg pot in place of R42, it will not be that simple on the V22.
    The V22 circuit will have to be hacked to move it to the output.
    In that case, the 333XL circuit could be used.

Comment

A Bugera V22 has been my go to club amp for about the last 8 months. It isn't a '66 DR by any means, but it is VERY versatile with the overdrive channel included. I use an OD pedal and a fuzz with it. (And a wah, a chorus, tremster, and a delay, lol) For $249 free shipping it can't be beat. I even have the stock Sino tubes and speaker! I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve? It has a Presence control, even a scoup switch. I find that an OD pedal makes even the clean channel come alive. The reverb isn't the best but very usable. Before blindly chopping it up I would recommend trying a couple of different pedals, a tube change, or a different speaker. Another trick is to put a clean boost, true bypass pedal like an LPB1 or something in the effects loop to instantly raise the volume. This amp is the best $249 I ever spent. I went to an audition last week and they thought I had an expensive botique amp. (Not all decent musicians are gear heads) believe it or not. They just said. "Damn that little thing sounds good!"

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
        A Bugera V22 has been my go to club amp for about the last 8 months. It isn't a '66 DR by any means, but it is VERY versatile with the overdrive channel included. I use an OD pedal and a fuzz with it. (And a wah, a chorus, tremster, and a delay, lol) For $249 free shipping it can't be beat. I even have the stock Sino tubes and speaker! I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve? It has a Presence control, even a scoup switch. I find that an OD pedal makes even the clean channel come alive. The reverb isn't the best but very usable. Before blindly chopping it up I would recommend trying a couple of different pedals, a tube change, or a different speaker. Another trick is to put a clean boost, true bypass pedal like an LPB1 or something in the effects loop to instantly raise the volume. This amp is the best $249 I ever spent. I went to an audition last week and they thought I had an expensive botique amp. (Not all decent musicians are gear heads) believe it or not. They just said. "Damn that little thing sounds good!"
        hi the presence knob is sweet but i need to fine tune the low end of this amp, i love it i had it when it since 2009, i like the results from the 333xl mod that this forum posted. and i have this v22, 6262 and 1990 that i would like to add this mod.

Comment

This is a el84 output amp. The architecture is different. You might be able to "fine tune" the low end response with a speaker change or an EQ pedal in the effects loop. I use a Bad Monkey OD on the input. It's basically a Tube Screamer with some tone controls. It's a little hissy but who cares live? A BM cost about $50.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
            This is a el84 output amp. The architecture is different. You might be able to "fine tune" the low end response with a speaker change or an EQ pedal in the effects loop. I use a Bad Monkey OD on the input. It's basically a Tube Screamer with some tone controls. It's a little hissy but who cares live? A BM cost about $50.
            i already did and i have other pedals, would it be possible to exchange the resistor for a variable one?

Comment

Which resistor are you referring to?

See Post#2: the two circuits are not compatable at all.

If you want a 'Resonance' control on the V22, you will have to hack it.

Which will involve removing the insert point of the circuit & making the circuit similar to the 333.

Being that the outputs are EL84's, this may not even be a part by part circuit swap. (from the 333 circuit) as it is tailored to the EL34 output.

Comment

The circuit isn't that much different, the feedback just goes to the cathode before the split load PI. It already has a resonance boost, but if you replace R52 with a 1 Meg or 500K pot, you will be able to adjust the bass either up or down.
                WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Working...
                X