Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little FEANC, Any Info?

Maybe this is one for Mark Hammer.

Does anybody here remember these things? Late '70s, early '80s encapsulated block circuit made to replace the 4 controls in a Les Paul. As I remember it, F=Fuzz, E=Equalization, A=?, N=Noise Gate and C=Compressor.

I have a working one, at least it passes a signal. There are 4 controls, one is a volume and the other three, I'm not sure of. Two of the pots have switches, one push/pull and the other one rotary.

Does anyone here remember using one and how the controls were supposed to operate? Anyone have any user/owner's manuals?

Web search only comes up with Keith McMillen's Zeta history page.

That's pretty much all I was able to find, too. Although there is a 4-page review by Craig Anderton, and circuit block diagram in this back issue of Modern Recording magazine: http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...ng-1981-11.pdf The bad news is that he notes in an interview that they only sold about 1000 units, meaning that tech info is unlikely to be widespread.

FULL LINK to magazine

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...j85oTd9OwuouCQ

Comment

Thank you Mark! At least now I know what the four pots are supposed to do.

The only other listing that I have ever seen about this was an new product announcement in an old issue of Device.

Now to try it out.

Oh yes, and thanks for the links to the archives of Modern Recording. It will be fun going through all of those old issues.

Comment

This was Keith's FIRST foray into manufacturing.
        FYI. I bought one and installed it into my Kramer DMZ4000 (4001?) Bass, and it really sings...or it did.
        I haven't tried it out for maybe over a dozen years!!!

I have a Gibson RD-Atrist Bass with electronics by Moog, and, the DMZ Bass with the FEANC hold up to it!!!

Comment

Working...
        X