Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You

Comment

I disconnected pin 11 from IC6 ( pad=+1.56v, pin=+4.25v )
      I disconnected pin 11 from IC7 ( pad=+1.52v, pin=+5.76v )
      I disconnected pin 6 from IC4 ( pad=+1.97v )
      Disconnecting these IC's have no effect on missing Vcc-15v.

Comment

I know this may be more about the exercise and achievement than the actual item in question, but...

These things cost about 200 bucks. This thread is three months old. I admit to having a definite, predisposed opinion about made overseas, disposable gear. But I think there's a limit to how much effort and analysis should be applied to these things.

Maybe I should have kept this to myself. But I don't even think the people who designed this thing put as much consideration into it as the effort required to repair one.

JM2C
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Hmm, got one in where the rear panel input was fried.
          Fixed PC board and fried coils and IC3a was bad.

So the rear main in should be able to drive to full power from a mic level?

Only line level applied to rear will get me up to full output.
          Must have missed something.

All front inputs are okay just rear muffed with low output.

Time to crack it back open.

Comment

I would expect it to be line level, not mic level.
            Are you referring to post #6 above? I think he was generalizing and meant non-speaker level.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It doesn't have a spec in the manual like the other inputs

Comment

Heh, obviously not speaker level!

Need to talk to owner to see how he has it hooked up/how he blew it up so it doesn't happen again.

The thru out for connecting similar units is switchable between mic and line level out which is why I was wondering if the rear in could drive full power from mic input.
                Usually it needs a line level in for similar units.

Comment

By 'mic input' do you mean using an XLR plug?
                  If 1/4", that should be a 'stereo' plug.

The schematic shows the 'line level' as a 1/4" mono plug.
                  And it is padded pretty good as opposed to the 'mic' input, so the 'mic' should be hotter.

Comment

Yes, if I plug a microphone with an XLR jack into the rear input should it drive the unit to full power?
                    This one does not, same with a guitar with 1/4" mono jack.

The manual says the rear input is for connecting two or more 205's together.
                    So normally I would think it should be a line level signal like from a mixer.

The thru output on the rear can be switched between line level or mic level which makes me think the rear in could be driven to full output with a mic level signal, but probably the pad is for running into another low level input like a mixer xlr mic input.

Like I said, manual gives specs for front panel inputs but not the rear main in.

I'm guessing it's probably working correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X