Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I need some help for a new prototype.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I need some help for a new prototype.....

Need and amp designer/builder. The amplifier will be to complement my line of acoustic/electric guitars and pickup systems. I hold a patent on a lo-z acoustic guitar pickup design, and have another entirely different system that is hi-z. I've used this second system in more than 230 guitars, basses, and mandolins that I have made, and in a hundred or so add-on pickup systems for acoustic guitar, both flattop and archtop. I have always needed a good tube amp design to go along with my instruments.

I do have a 3rd prototype that I've been using for several years, and am wanting to expand on the design. It's a very simple circuit, using 12AT7s for the preamp and phase splitter, and EL34s for the output. it's all mounted in a Mojotone "Tweed Deluxe" cab, along with an Eminence Beta 12LT speaker. All of the gain stages are designed to go into clipping at the same time....which gives me the best "clean" tones. The amp has an aluminum chassis for weight considerations, and all up weighs about 32lbs. CLEAN output is in the 25 to 30 watt range. Single tone control.

I currently have three amps I play through, two Fenders and the Wendler prototype. I've just modded the Fenders slightly...lower gain input tubes(12AT7) and the Beta 12LT speaker. The Fenders are a 10 year old Blues JR. and a 20 year old Hot Rod Deluxe.

What I would like to have designed and laid out for manufacturing is a Twin Reverb front end, a tube buffered EFX loop(parallel), and a pair of EL34s on the output. I'm not averse to using 6L6s, but my ears tell me the EL34s have a sweeter tone, and in comparing the HR Deluxe to my prototype, I can sure hear the difference. The amp needs to be designed for max clean gain.

Anyone interested?

Dave
    Guitar Repair Kansas City | Luthier Acoustic Electric Guitar
    Dave Wendler
    Wendler Instruments

With due respect, you seem to have it already designed

You already chose the Preamp, the Loop, the Tone control, the power and preamp tubes, the speakers.
    Even the chassis which also means the cabinet, what else is left ?

Tolex? Panel graphics? Knobs? ... those are small personal details (which you would have to approve anyway) .

Maybe , if you want to produce a certain quantity of them, you should visit NAAMM or similar trade shows (also the amp show [tm]) and get an OEM builder.

FWIW in NAAMM or Frankfurt or Expomúsica you have the usual large Companies in the central areas (Marshall/Fender/Peavey/Ibanez/Korg/etc.) , smaller companies surrounding them, and in the far corners you'll find Luthiers, Boutique amp or pedal makers and a few unscrutable Orientals, most speaking little or broken English, offering their OEM manufacturing services , these are the guys you should deal with.

You give them the schematic and basic layout, they suggest a finished product, then you arrange terms .
    You will need to have them built anyway, so you are saving one step.

jm2c
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Juan (as always) is imminently logical in his assessment.

That said if you post a schematic of your design you will most likely receive several impassioned arguments to transform it into a '59 Bassman, KT88 version of a HiWatt etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dave251 View Post
        I do have a 3rd prototype that I've been using for several years, and am wanting to expand on the design.
        I'm afraid that the prototype is still in prototype phase and it's to early to pass the amp to OEM builders. They usually don't do any development work - they expect completed project.
        I think that several guys on this forum could complete the project, just keep asking. I also could do it but I'm too far away.
        Recently there was a link to tube amp builders meeting in LA provided. This could be this one: The AMP SHOW Every guy from this meeting can do what you need.

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X