AMI Continental 2 Service Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMI Continental 2 Service Manual

Yup, a juke box. Interested in getting info on the "round sound" stereo types. There are different versions of speaker crossover networks and how the left/right/center speakers are connected. Any help appreciated. thanks.

I just might have that.

And just because I grew up in the DC area, I'll go look.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks! Born in DC, grew up in Rockville.

Comment

Cool. Born in DC (18th and H, I think), grew up in Glenmont and Silver Spring. Sister lives in G'burg, so we get off at the Rockville Amtrak station when we visit her.

I am not set up for scanning at the moment, but I have the COntinental 2 service manual complete in front of me. Until I can scan the speaker connection page, maybe Ican answer questions.

To describe:

The amplifier outputs are connected to the "dividing network", essentially a crossover and distribution chassis. Should be eight screws, front speakers and side speakers. The side speakers are the true stereo outs. Looks like a green and an orange as the two hots, with a white striped paired wire as the ground side. Or if not ground, at least the negative side. Screws 5-6-7-8 are Grn, grn/white, Org, org/white

The frnt speakers I think are synthesized mono, and the screws are for low freq and high freq. Screws 1,2,3,4. 1,2 are the lows to the woofer, #1 to the positive. 3 and 4 to the tweeter for highs, #3 to positive.

if you don't mind waiting, I will scan the page I described. I was planning to sell the whole manual on ebay (I am clearing my closed shop) in the near future. If you are interested in the manual, send me a PM.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X