The old SD FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The old SD FAQ

I see the huge Seymour Duncan FAQ with its 850 entries, that was so nice to just cruise through and learn from has disappeared. Well, changed really. Not the same and I'd say a lot of the specific stuff I liked seems to not be in the newer version. Ah, sigh. . . Life moves on.
    Take Care,

Jim. . .
    VA3DEF

That is sad news!
    The Wiring document site changed too.
    Not in a good way!
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      That is sad news!
      The Wiring document site changed too.
      Not in a good way!
      T
      I actually thought this might happen at some point, so I down loaded the entire FAQ a month or so back. I liked that FAQ. A wealth information and experiences.
      Take Care,

Jim. . .
      VA3DEF

Comment

When did this happen, I see an archived copy from September here:

Internet Archive Wayback Machine
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Why do software and web designers keep doing this sort of thing? Rarely do they add something that makes me wonder how I lived without it, quite often they add stuff I lived happily without and would rather not have in the way, sometimes they throw away something I really like.

Comment

They did this to the wonderful Wiring site they used to have.
            Now you have to do all that drop down menu stuff, to get a smaller wiring diagram.
            Enzo, that is the new way, not the old archive that had the notes by 1-100, 101-200, etc.
            Most of us had the page numbers memorized, what was what.
            Now you have to know what you are looking for.
            It's better than nothing, but like Richard said, if it wasn't broke why fix it?
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              They did this to the wonderful Wiring site they used to have.
              Now you have to do all that drop down menu stuff, to get a smaller wiring diagram.
              Enzo, that is the new way, not the old archive that had the notes by 1-100, 101-200, etc.
              Most of us had the page numbers memorized, what was what.
              Now you have to know what you are looking for.
              It's better than nothing, but like Richard said, if it wasn't broke why fix it?
              T
              It's still on the wayback machine - here http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://.../seymours-q-a/

You have to click on one of the highlighted dates such as Feb 3, 2015 and then it will take you there.

Or you can go directly there with this link though that one might change at some point- http://web.archive.org/web/201502032.../seymours-q-a/
              Last edited by SonnyW; 10-23-2015, 05:53 PM.
              www.sonnywalton.com
              How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

fwiw some of the wiring diagram pdfs are in the wayback archive:

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

Comment

It's here in the old selection format also.
                  Wiring Diagrams - Seymour Duncan
                  T
                  Terry

Comment

Working...
                  X