Korg MicroKorg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg MicroKorg

Hi all, I actually found this site while searching for info about this.
    Music wise, I've got quite a bit of gear so this site is quite interesting

emm.. from older posts I see a few of you's have these microkorgs so I thought I'd run this by yous.

It failed, when you power it on it flashes the audio in lights then not much..
    So I checked FU1 which is blown.

However, I noticed it had 15v which is odd because the thing itself is only supposed to have 9v. so I check the adapter/power supply and sure enough it's putting out too much.

Just so happens my roland rs-5 uses the same power adapter. 9v centre negative. so I've put that on and I'm getting 9v at "FU1"

Now, it does seem that the faulty power adapter has caused this. the problem is am I correct in thinking this should be 3.3v?
    I don't suppose anyone knows why I'm getting 9v? (with the working power supply)

I know it doesn't sound good for the well being of the synth but I'm hoping that the fuse has saved it from going pop, if I can get it on the correct voltage?

also, this fuse has 20 written on the top, does anyone know what it actually is? rating wise?
    as I'd rather not wait for korg to send me one out when I can just ebay 24hour thing...?

Answering my own questions here but...(I couldn't see the fu1 on the service manual) but I've found it now.

but the looks of it, IC5 s8520f33mc controls the 3.3v out. so I'll have a look at that in a bit.
    any info anyone has is more than welcome though...

Comment

Working...
    X