Cant find the power supply connection in bass preamp schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find the power supply connection in bass preamp schematic

Hi guys, recently im looking for a bass preamp schematic and this site Bass Guitar Amp 1 got my interest. But the problem is i cannot tell if the project uses dual voltage +, - and ground pwer supply or maybe a common power supply. Thank you in advance....

Aside from the power supply shown for the valve, the op amps will require a split supply, most commonly +/- 15V.

http://sound.westhost.com/project05b.htm
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      Aside from the power supply shown for the valve, the op amps will require a split supply, most commonly +/- 15V.

Power Supply for Preamps
      Thank you sir.
      Uhm, one more question...
      Am i ryt if i connect the neg supply at pin no.4, and the positive at pin 8, then the ground? No more additional components connected to the PS pin of the Ic? Thank you....

Comment

i cannot tell if the project uses dual voltage +, - and ground pwer supply or maybe a common power supply.
        Figure 3 should answer all your questions.

Hint: It does not display/contain rectifier/filtering circuit that ultimately creates the +/-15VDC supply rails because it practically just shows what the valve needs: HT supply and heater supply. These are both derived from the main 15-0-15 secondary side by different means.

. ...But you easily see what needs to be added for the solid-state circuitry, where, and in what manner. If that goes over your head, then by good chance the entire project does too and you probably should give it a pause until it no longer does.

I would obsolete the tube input, though. It adds unneccessary complexity for nothing. Elliot admits it's there merely to satisfy people who must have tubes in their amps, and that all clipping distortion is in practice generated with the Zener diodes post that stage. Well... if an expensive and super complex On/off indicator light is all you need a vacuum tube to be then I guess this is good design.
        Last edited by teemuk; 10-30-2015, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X