Kurzweil Mark 10 Service Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurzweil Mark 10 Service Manual

Looking for the service manual for the Kurzweil Mark 10W. I need to know how to remove the keyboard to clean and possibly replace the rubber key pads. The keyboard I will be servicing has a velocity issue with one key (it immediately sounds at max volume when pressed). I would like to reference the service manual on how to disassemble the unit and remove the keyboard. BTW, this is an in-home repair job.

UPDATE: I emailed Kurzweil with this request days ago and haven't gotten anything back. I thought their service dept was good???

Thanks,
    CJ

You are assuming the Kurzweil that made the Mark 10 is the same organization bearing the name today. They became a part of Young Chang 25 years ago, how old is your Mark 10?

I think I may have that one, but I will have to look at the shop. My literature inventory says I have it. M150 and DG150 are also covered in the manual, so a search for those manuals could pay off.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea. I think she said she bought the keyboard in the 90's. I will search for the M150... thanks for the tip Enzo!

Comment

it is the same manual for the three models, according to my records. The disassembly is likely different for each, though the keybeds are probably the same.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Can you post a few pics?

The last Kurzwell that I worked on, the top is hinged to tilt to the rear.
          Screws are accessed on the bottom.

The keys are held in with a clip that is a part of the key.
          There is also a return spring.

The spring is easy enough to remove.
          I used a small screwdriver that fit in the spring.
          Lever it up & it comes out the rear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	top_view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	839943

The key itself has a clip that has to be released.
          Again, a small screwdriver .

If the contact pads of the pcb are dirty, then they will not trigger.
          I use an eraser to lightly clean them.

Name:	contacts.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	839944

Name:	Pads.jpg
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	839945

Do not do anything to the silicone pad carbon contacts.
          Really.

Comment

OK, I have the manual in hand. It is 3/4 of an inch think, and all the schematics are 11x17 foldouts. I won't be trying to scan that. It does discuss opening the unit, 14 screws around the periphery on the bottom, then the top should pivot up from the rear edge. No mention of extracting keys, but they are common types. it includes plenty of operation descriptions so you can learn how to operate it, plus extensive discussions of diagnostics.

I have found a Qtip dipped in iso alcohol wipes off those pads on the keybed board pretty well.

Comment

Enzo, I have been asked to repair a Kurzweil Mark 10 that appears to be popping in the audio, speakers and headphones. No idea where to start without the schematic or block & Level diagram for the audio board. Do you still have your service manual for this piano? Can you help me with the audio problem? Advice? Anything? Thanks, TerryE

Comment

Working...
              X