Fender Acoustasonic 30 DSP distorting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Acoustasonic 30 DSP distorting

I've got a Fender Acoustasonic 30 DSP amp that's distorting on the main speaker output. It doesn't distort when I run a cord from the line out to a pa system so the problem is somewhere in the amplifier section. Any ideas what could be the probable cause?

Have you determined that the speaker in the amp is in good working condition?
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Yes. In fact, that was the first thing I checked. I'm using a 16 ohm test bench speaker to test with and it's doing the same thing.

Comment

I believe that the output on that amp may be a single power amp chip. I would suggest that if you have the skills, open up the amp and check the dc voltages in the power amp section and compare them with the values on the schematic test points.

Contact Fender for a copy of the schematic and make certain that it is the right one for your amp.

Comment

K. Thanks!

Comment

I've replaced C91 and seemed to clean it up a bit. But it still distorts with an electric guitar with high output pickups. I'll bring my acoustic guitar to work to test with.

Comment

Working...
            X