Gold Foil Pickup Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Foil Pickup Parts

Lollar is making them, Mojo is making them, and I see many new ones on Ebay from who knows where. They all look similar which suggests someone, somewhere, is manufacturing parts for them.

Anyone know where they're coming from or how to get them?

You can buy the Cheapies at GFS for the parts.
    Rewind them the way you want them.
    GFS Gold Foil Pickups
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

The soapbox sized versions from GFS are a total fake, they are P90s in a fancy cover. Chromed Plastic covers too. Underwound P90s, but thats it.

Comment

I know this is pretty coveted knowledge, but does anybody have any general information about the ceramic magnets used in goldfoils? Or any vintage ceramic pickup? Would grade 5 or 8 be closer? Does isotropic or anisotropic even mean anything?

Comment

I designed those parts and many others like the T bird and wide range and bucker size filtertrons and had them made- I dont sell parts, I know there is an outlet to buy them in small quantity somewhere- these guys sell some of the parts Im talking about- they probably can get anything I am talking about Pickup Covers

realise they are all USA made and will cost alot more than korean or chinese but the consistancy is in another league as is the polishing and plating
          As far as magnets the dearmond/ teisco use rubberised ferrite
          other parts not requiring a die stamp we make in house so I dont know if bobbins etc are availible

Comment

Working...
          X