TA7200P modern replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TA7200P modern replacement

Has anyone got a workaround to replace these chip amps with a more modern (and easily available) device? Or do you have the datasheet? Often I find a number of pins that have fractured level with the PCB. I desolder the chip, clip the remaining pins and solder the pin stubs to a new SIP header. Mostly the chip is fine. They're commonly found as reverb drivers in old Roland Cubes, but when they are dead they're an expensive part in the UK and the application isn't critical so I was thinking maybe something else could be used without too much difficulty.

Here is a 'kind of' datasheet.Audio IC - Electronic Circuits, TV Schematics, Audio

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-SIL.gif
Views:	1
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	840240

Name:	TA7200P.jpg
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	840241

Comment

The datasheet for this IC is available in several locations, for example here: Toshiba TA7200P data sheet

Mark

Comment

I spotted that earlier but for some reason couldn't open the files on my laptop. Fired up my other machine and here they are in JPG format;

Name:	TA7200p-1.JPG
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	840242

Name:	TA7200p-2.JPG
Size:	635.4 KB
ID:	840243

Name:	TA7200p-3.JPG
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	840244

Comment

Yes, default application bound to TIF files cannot open the files but you can simply open them with Paint (if you have Windows OS).

Mark

Comment

Looks like a TDA2030 would replace it - maybe just needs a couple of 100k resistors to set the operating point of the input and the pins re-forming to suit, or wire it up to a header.

Comment

Working...
            X