Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PE dark cherry

Hi,
    I'm looking for plain enamel 42 AWG dark cherry tint, like the one used by Fender CBS, anybody know where i can get that wire? Thanks in advance

mfg's will never specify color, and most will warn you it will change from lot to lot
    Let's all Close shop and Go Fishing!, the heck with everything today!

Comment

Originally posted by pupoholic View Post
      mfg's will never specify color, and most will warn you it will change from lot to lot
      yes I know but anyway I'm hoping that someone some day, that have a spool to sell, see this post and contact me
      Thanks for answering pupoholic.

Comment

Since you are just going for looks, pant the coil with cherry red lacquer after you wind it.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
          Since you are just going for looks, pant the coil with cherry red lacquer after you wind it.
          thanks I will try some lacquer and tint but it's for a vintage guitar and i'm pretty sure that the guy want the same wire and color as the original pickup in is strat.

Comment

Tinting a coil so it looks like other pickups would be hard to do without getting some color all over the bobbin and other parts. If you must do this you might have to tint all three pickup coils to match.

The best bet for coil wire is a very heavy build PE, as the color would get darker for each layer of insulation coating applied to the wire.

Ken
            www.angeltone.com

Comment

Working...
            X