Crate Glx212 Buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Glx212 Buzz

This one has a bad buzz on the dirty channel. Nothing plugged in - Quiet. When plugged in, clean is good, switch to dirty, buzzes, and loader as you turn up. Guitar and cord is good.
    Looking for ideas on what to test for problem. Thanks!

If cklean channel works and sounds right, then I think the input circuit is OK.

I'd be checking the op amps in the dirt channel circuit.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Glx-212 Hummer

Replaced OP amps. Made a difference in volume (more). Still some hum at higher volume (past 5) on dirty channel. Is that how SS Crates are? Or am I missing something else.

Comment

Pull the guitar cord out of the input jack, run the amp with nothing connected. Now any noise you hear is coming from the amp itself. Any additional noise when a guitar is plugged in is coming from the guitar. The higher gain channels will notice it more.

That would be the first assessment for me.

Note, I am right next door in Lansing.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thats got to be it. Its dead quiet with nothing plugged in. First one I've looked at over 100w. Just seems to pick up more noise than the smaller amps I've worked on. Relatively new to the amp repair biz.
          Thanks neighbor.

Comment

Working...
          X