No announcement yet.

Fender Bassman 200 with DC on output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay well after more digging i did indeed find Q15 (neg rail driver) shorted. i checked Q11 and Q13 and they checked out ok. Im also doubled checked R21 R25 R24 and R25 just in case. I fired up the amp with the current limiter and i now get 36vdc on the speaker our. turned it off and rechecked Q15. SHORTED!!!! so what am i missing that could short Q15 on a 30 sec power up with no audible or visual indication of the short.

Comment

I don't know WHAT offhand, but 30 seconds is a lifetime. Transistors can be destroyed faster than fuses can blow. Just takes an instant.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

What is the wattage of the bulb in your limiter?
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

60watter

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLifeILead View Post
            Any help is appreciated! and the current limiter actually has a 100W bulb not a 60W bulb.
            I know that this was asked and answered before.

Are you sure that this limiter is correctly working? It should be doing a better job at current limiting than it seems to be doing.

Comment

i mean i think the limiter is working. My mistake, yes its a 100w bulb. i use the limiter with shorted tube amps on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
              X