Tascam M-50 Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tascam M-50 Mod

I have an M-50, (12 channel 8 buss) mixing board that I can't part with, because the sight of an analog meter bridge just makes me smile. It was designed to be used with an 8track and 2 mastering decks, but in a DAW world it didn't meet all my needs(wants). I wanted a mixer with several stereo channels, for keyboards, drum machines.... I thought if I removed 2 channel faders and replaced with a stereo fader it could control both channels. Then put another in the empty fader slot and use it to control 2 channels of the aux A buss being fed the tape returns from the same 2 channels. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but it works, I now have 8 stereo channels. Half of them have no EQ or aux sends, I use them for CD player, cassette deck....things I would not use EQ on. And the other are full channel strips with seperate EQ for right and left. If You have one of these monsters or just want to see the madness that keeps me off the streets I would be happy to send the details. I recieved a lot of help from this forum last year and just wanted to give back even if it's just a laugh, or that look followed by "Theres somethin' wrong with that boy" send request to olive2sing@aol.com Put "M-50" in the subject line. God bless Ya
    Last edited by Dave G.; 09-10-2007, 11:58 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Working...
X