Selling lots of stuff...sadly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling lots of stuff...sadly

Hi guys...it has been awhile since I have posted. Unfortunately I have become a bit frustrated with the hobby as well as having four kids makes it a bit difficult to continue winding pickups. Before I listed anything on eBay or other sites I figured I would offer my stuff to you guys for a discounted price. I'm located in the Philadelphia area so local pick up would be preferable...although we could work shipping out if needed.

List:

Approximately 2 lbs of 42 pe wire(min/nom) MWS
    Approximately 4 lbs of 42 formvar(min/nom) MWS
    Bell model 5070 gauss meter with probe
    Magnetool 24c magnetizer
    Alnico 3 and 5 mags....hundreds of pieces cut for strat pickups(allstar magnetics)
    Wax potter with 4 lbs of paraffin wax(1 qt pot emco electric co)
    Homemade winder with speed control
    Lots of bobbin material(vulcanized fiber)...precut as well as sheets...specs for fender single coils

800.00 takes it all

All equipment in new condition

Would be great to sell the whole lot...but would piece out if necessary.

Thanks guys for your interest as well as your guidance with earlier posts. I just feel it's time to move on and maybe you guys could benefit from it.

Take care,
    John Archer
    Email address: alyses81@aol.com

John,

Sorry to hear that you are selling off your winding equipment and supplies. Before you sell all your stuff, be sure you are really "done" with winding and not just in need of a "hiatus".

At any rate can you be more specific about the magnets (length, diameter, quantity) as well as the same for the flat-work and flat-sheets Some pics would be helpful as well as separate pricing, if you haven't already gotten one buyer for the lot.

Good luck.

Jim
    =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim...and I am so sorry for the delayed response. I have been thinking about it for awhile and I considered hanging in there...but just dont have time. My four boys are 10 and under and I won't have time for a very long time...lol! As far as the magnets and flatware..some are in boxes still and some are in wound, but unpotted pickups. Can I send you some pictures of the boxes with their labels as well as the flatware? What is your email address?

Thanks again Jim,

John

Comment

John,

As a father as well, I completely understand your situation and decision. Putting your kids first is admirable.

After much thought about what you have to sell, I believe you are better selling off the supplies and equipment as one lot if you can. My interest would likely only be a handful of items as I already have a 24C, another brand of guass meter, a wax bath, and several commercial winding machines. I also just picked up 4 additional Bachis and that project getting them all cleaned, rebuilt, configured, and set up is my top priority for the winter. With my plate that full I really need to focus on completing what I have already started.

Good Luck

Jim
        =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

Comment

Any pictures? I'm about 95 miles away.

Comment

Thanks for your post Jim and take care. Mozz...what's your email address?

Comment

I'd be interested in taking the Mag 24c off your hands if it's what i think it is.

Comment

Best email to contact me is [email]n3uvt@ptd.DOTTTT NET
                Last edited by mozz; 01-14-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Awe man.
                  Don't post your EMail address on a public forum.

Unless you Want Spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                    Awe man.
                    Don't post your EMail address on a public forum.

Unless you Want Spam.
                    Strongly agree. Use the built in Private Message (PM) feature of the forum SW. See your profile page to access and set up PM.

Comment

Fixed it, still should be able to decode.

Comment

Thanks David..will let you know if it is still available.
                        Thanks,
                        John

Comment

Thanks everyone...sold everything yesterday.

Comment

Thanks John, cleaning off a table in the basement to start my new hobby. Lot to learn.

Comment

Sure Robert..good luck to you with your new hobby. It was nice chatting with you. Take care!

Comment

Working...
                              X