Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New overseas postage rates in effect for USPS Priority and Priority Express, beware..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New overseas postage rates in effect for USPS Priority and Priority Express, beware..

I just checked rates for small packages to Europe and there are STEEP increases you need to be aware of.
    A one ounce package will now cost you $38.90 up from $24.90 via International Priority. That same package sent International Priority Express now costs $57.71 up from $48.
    Last edited by David King; 01-19-2016, 05:45 PM.

Originally posted by David King View Post
    I just checked rates for small packages to Europe and there are STEEP increases you need to be aware of.
    A one ounce package will now cost you $38.90 up from $24.90 via International Priority. That same package sent International Priority Express now costs $57.71 up from $48.
    Thanks for the heads up David i'll need to order some parts from the USA soon. The low euro against the dollar doesn't help us Europeans much as well as chronic Tax and duty charges.
    Cheers

Andrew

Comment

USPS also raised their domestic "Small Flat Rate box" price AGAIN!
      Went up from $5.95 to $6.80. Customers aren't going to like seeing $7.00 shipping.
      US parts suppliers have raised shipping prices as well. WD is now $12 or $14 (cant recall which) and some change for their lowest price option.

Comment

Strats,
        You can still get a small flat rate box shipped using Paypal's "Ship Now" link for $6.10.

Comment

FYI, the Italian postal system increased their rates a total of nine times in two years, not to mention two VAT increases in three years.

Welcome to paradise!
          Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
          Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
            Strats,
            You can still get a small flat rate box shipped using Paypal's "Ship Now" link for $6.10.
            I've not used that before, I just use usps.com . But you're right, it was 6.80 last night and 6.10 is certainly better, that 70 cents adds up quick.

Comment

Ah Italia! I hope that extra money bought some honesty and reliability Pepe. I lost about 50% of the packages I ever sent to Italy so there was some room for improvement.
              The secret link to Paypal's Ship Now is https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Comment

Working...
              X