Fender performer 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender performer 1000

I was gifted this amp in part payment for a job i done. It was described on handover as 'in need of some tlc'. This statement being true! The speaker had been wired crudely with coax and strange noises eminating confirmed that all was not well. Short circuit present i turned attention to q11 - q14 2 of which where dead. Replaced all 4 alOng with r112 & r114.also replaced where c57 q9 r107 as they had blown appart. This was probably due to a 10amp fuse being fitted !!! On powering up we still have a short circuit showing. With all pots at zero the power led and short circuit lamp are flickering but go steady when volume pot (clean) is increased. I have replaced cr53-55 where u/s and c71,c72 as not holding any charge. I am now stuck. This amp is essentially identical to a rocpro.
    Help
    Thanks in advance
    Jbm
    In life there are no problems, only challenges but in my present situation I may have a problem

Ok we can scratch that one guys. I am officially a 'dick' i had also replace cr25 diode. As you will now guess at my admission of dickdom the wrong way around. Amp now fully working. Reassembly in progress.
    In life there are no problems, only challenges but in my present situation I may have a problem

Comment

Glad we could help, Richard...
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X