If it aint fixed, I'll break it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it aint fixed, I'll break it!

And that's just what I seem to have done (you may have noticed that the usual entry/summary page is missing today).

Last night I did the upgrade to version 3.6.0 of vBulletin, which was released earlier in the day (to the delight of webmasters around the world, I'm sure). After it was done, well... a few things weren't quite right.

I'll have it all fixed up and back to normal "real soon now."
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

It looks like the HOME button is gone... I like that as it listed the newest entries and it was easy to pop in and out of.
    Is that what you are refering to Steve?

Bruce
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    Denver, CO. 80022
    www.missionamps.com
    303-955-2412

Comment

Thanks

tboy,
      Thanks for all the work you put into this great forum.
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
        It looks like the HOME button is gone... I like that as it listed the newest entries and it was easy to pop in and out of.
        Is that what you are refering to Steve?
        That's the one, Bruce. It's back now, but I still need to get the links fixed. I like it too 'cause I can just pop in quickly to scan what's new, but I'm sure some of the guys just consider it "one more layer of crap" to dig through.
        -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
          ... I'm sure some of the guys just consider it "one more layer of crap" to dig through.
          Yo, tboy! Can we get another layer of crap over here? I've already dug through the other stuff...
          Murky Mark, Minister of Musical Mischief
          http://www.harmonicappliances.com/

Comment

Spammers Appear

T-Boy, any way you can pull that spammer's account and remove his posts?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

TD,
              Who is "that spammer"
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TD_Madden View Post
                T-Boy, any way you can pull that spammer's account and remove his posts?
                Yes there is, and it's been done. Anytime a spammer comes to my attention, I delete their spew and ban them forever. Spam or other objectionable posts can be reported by clicking the icon that appears in the top right of each post.
                -tb

Comment

He's gone now, Tom, along with his spam. Several of his ilk have shown up recently, posting really long lists of "discount" merchandise for sale, usually in multiple forums.
                  -tb

Comment

I've been thinking of writing a plugin for vBulletin that automatically adds new layers of crap...
                    -tb

Comment

"sort by last post time" does not work

have a look at the guitar tech forum. it shows my post on the top as if it's still the latest post.

Comment

Yes, it does work just as it should.

"sort by last post time" does not work
                        Yours may not be the latest post in the forum, but it does have the most recent reply, and that's what the sort goes by.
                        -tb

Comment

Working...
                        X