Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ Tubes 12AX7/ECC83S Hum Problems Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThermionicScott View Post
    I've got some bad news for you about Jan Jurcho...
    C'mon, don't leave us in suspenders.

Last I heard Jan was very good about . . . trying to touch his earlobes with his shoulders. "I don't know what you're talking about, we make wonderful tubes, each one a gem. Never heard about any problems..." Deny deny deny. OTOH the company has improved over the years & they do make some very useful tubes.
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      C'mon, don't leave us in suspenders.

Last I heard Jan was very good about . . . trying to touch his earlobes with his shoulders. "I don't know what you're talking about, we make wonderful tubes, each one a gem. Never heard about any problems..." Deny deny deny. OTOH the company has improved over the years & they do make some very useful tubes.
      So I guess there's a little confusion out there on who "JJ" is. I had known that Jan Jurcho (the owner of the eponymous company according to Eurotubes) passed on a couple of years ago, and was alluding to that. But other sources list a "Jan Jorgo" as the owner of the company. Same guy? Maybe just the guy manning the company email account? I dunno...

Comment

6505+ AC heater only on V5, which doesn't do much

What % of guitar amps in current use have AC heaters? Maybe they aren't that common and cost cutting tube Mfg said F-em?

Click image for larger version

Name:	jjd2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	840925

When JJs work as promised..Good Times!

Comment

Originally posted by ThermionicScott View Post
          So I guess there's a little confusion out there on who "JJ" is. I had known that Jan Jurcho (the owner of the eponymous company according to Eurotubes) passed on a couple of years ago, and was alluding to that. But other sources list a "Jan Jorgo" as the owner of the company. Same guy? Maybe just the guy manning the company email account? I dunno...
          Given pronunciation of Eastern European names, Jurcho/Jorgo certainly could be the same person. If he's kaput, what better excuse to deny problems? OTOH if products have improved & product line expanded, maybe somebody "in the way" upper management is now outta the way. Someone will have to investigate... send in the IMF. No, not the International Monetary Fund, these here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mission-impossible-cast.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	840926

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
            6505+ AC heater only on V5, which doesn't do much

What % of guitar amps in current use have AC heaters? Maybe they aren't that common and cost cutting tube Mfg said F-em?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37681[/ATTACH]

When JJs work as promised..Good Times!
            "The world's most complete line of Black toys." Hmmm, OK! Let us not discriminate, it should be an equal opportunity world.

Do you mean DC heaters? Amps with hi gain cascaded preamps really oughta have 'em. As I mentioned, those big Peaveys with name & number designations, 5150, XXX, JSX, like that. Marshall's JCM2000 series. Certainly there's others. Smart hobby builders do it, why not amp mfg's, must be cost. "Those rockers play so loud, they'll never notice the hum anyway." Gotta stay competitive!

Comment

Present company excluded but do you think maybe that JJ sells many more 12AX7s to owners of 6505/5150 or egads, Mesa Roadkings, than vintage Fender based designs with AC heaters?

Its a conspiracy I imagine, as all things are.

Comment

Rob, I had a thought -- have you tried DC elevating the heaters? Since your Princeton is fixed-bias, you could build a positive voltage source off a B+ node.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                  Given pronunciation of Eastern European names, Jurcho/Jorgo certainly could be the same person. If he's kaput, what better excuse to deny problems? OTOH if products have improved & product line expanded, maybe somebody "in the way" upper management is now outta the way. Someone will have to investigate... send in the IMF. No, not the International Monetary Fund, these here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37682[/ATTACH]
                  This tube will self destruct in 5 seconds......
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                    This tube will self destruct in 5 seconds......

is it too late to cryo treat??

Comment

That's awesome! I'm amazed the microwave lasted that long.
                      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Working...
                      X