JC120 Chorus Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC120 Chorus Issue

Hi, this issue has been discussed before, but my issue is slightly different.

I bought a brand new JC120 and was really happy when it arrived, but the chorus had a noticeable "whoosh" sound after every strum: https://soundcloud.com/browniezz/chorus-weird

Anyway, after not being able to find a fix, I contacted the merchant, and they sent me a replacement amp. The replacement amp sadly has the same issue, only a bit quieter. Surely they couldn't have sent me another bad amp?

They sent me an adaptor to use which converts the EU plug to UK, could this be to blame for the odd sound? Hope someone can point me in the right direction as if its not the amp thats broken it must be how I'm running it.

Many thanks

Does it actually chorus on (say) an arpeggiated chord? I can't hear much chorusing from the clip. Does the vibrato work OK?

An adapter is fine, but you need to check the amp is a UK 240v version - check in the handbook that Roland still lists 240v as an option, as some manufacturers now only supply 230v products. The adapter needs to maintain the earth connection. Some don't. Does the amp have a regular IEC socket on the back (also incorrectly referred to as a 'kettle lead' socket)? If so I would use a standard UK IEC lead and dispense with an adapter.

I doubt that the sound issue relates to the adapter, but you still need to make sure the amp is earthed.

If you bought the amp in the UK it should be full UK spec - including the mains lead. If you bought from Germany or elsewhere, you usually get their spec.

Comment

Working...
    X