Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Impedance Electrolytic Capacitors in Power Supply: Advantages? Disadvantages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
    relays too
    Mouser was still selling screw terminal octal sockets about ten years ago. I don't know about now. And you can still get socket relays, but you need to buy the special, rectangular sockets they fit.

EDIT: Ok... Check it out $$$!

http://www.mouser.com/search/refine....&Ntt=135206977
    Last edited by Chuck H; 02-14-2016, 04:55 PM.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
      Mouser was still selling screw terminal octal sockets about ten years ago.
      I wuz gonna say: intended for plug in relays, but you can use 'em for tube experimenting.

Or caps, whatever you want to stick on an octal header. Those you can get at Antique/CE.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

And you can "can up" multiple caps for octal sockets just like people do for the glass-> silicon rectifier conversions.

You could probably do something like the Egnater Randall MTS modular amps entirely with octals!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
          I wuz gonna say: intended for plug in relays, but you can use 'em for tube experimenting.

Or caps, whatever you want to stick on an octal header. Those you can get at Antique/CE.
          I've got a big box of octal relay sockets, but wasn't sure if they were heat-rated for tubes or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ThermionicScott View Post
            I've got a big box of octal relay sockets, but wasn't sure if they were heat-rated for tubes or not.
            No problem with preamp tubes. As long as you're not running outputs/rectifiers at roasty temps you're likely OK. I've seen some photos of hifi breadboards on Audio Amateur, looks like an explosion in the spaghetti factory, works for them. Also, bulbs up please; inverted power tubes yes you'd be looking for trouble.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap-in.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	842357
              "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Plastic. Quite certain it's "Plastic."

Comment

Working...
                X