peavey deuce vt series phaser and volume problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey deuce vt series phaser and volume problems

I have a peavey deuce vt series amp. I've had it for about 2 or 3 years and it's never given my any problems, except for when the on/off switch busted it but, recently it's had some problems with the volume and the phaser. The volume problem I'm not 100% sure if it's the amp, I'm still checking all the pedals and chords but, I know that the phaser is just gone. A few weeks ago every now and then I'd turn it on for a song or two just for fun, but now, turning on the color or the rate, no matter how much I turn them up there's just no difference in the sound at all. After looking online for awhile I can't find anyone else having a problem like this and I kind of want to know if I should try to fix it myself, have it fixed, or try to sell or trade it for something else. I really do like this amp and I've never even had to turn up past 7 and turning it up to 7 is a rare occasion. I only paid $200 for it and it's always been exactly what I needed, I'd hate to get rid of it after only 2 years or so, but if it doesn't work reliably and I can fix it, then I'd have to replace it. I guess I want to know if anyone has any advice on how to maybe see about fixing it.

Of course it is fixable. And I am sure you are not the only person to have a problem with the phaser circuit (or any other feature or any amp) The phase is a shift circuit of several serial stages. If any stage stops, so does the effect, also there is a TL604 at the output of the effect circuit, and if that fails you lose it. We have to isolate the problem to a particular point, then we deal with the repair specifics.

The thing is like 40 years old, and just now the phaser gives out? SOunds like a reliable amp to me.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X