Diamond Pedals Memory Lane distored signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Pedals Memory Lane distored signal

I'm looking for some help with Memory Lane 2 from Diamond Pedals (Canada). I get distored delayed signal. Clean signal is OK. I'm trying to contact the company (Diamond Pedals in Nova Scotia, Canada) but they do not answer to any emails. Is it possible that they speak French only and the do not understand emails in English? Has anyone been successful contacting them? The effect is SMD assembly type so fixing it without a schematic, or some guidance from the company may be quite difficult. On the other hand sending the effect to Canada (and back) would cost a fortune .

Mark

I really got some personal service when I had a new unit with a problem. Turned out to be a missed solder connection on a pot and I took care of it myself (they blessed the repair--under warranty), and they really cared that I got it fixed. This was several years ago, but I actually met the guy who helped me at their NAMM booth a couple years back and he remembered! I have use both phone and email.

Long story short, just get in touch with them. They were sharp and on the ball when I dealt with them. I am an English speaker, BTW. They do speak it.
    Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Thank you. I also have a feeling that the problem may be related to some cold solder connection (because it seems that sometimes the problem disappears). With a schematic this would be a piece of cake to fix it. I'll keep trying to contact them but I think that the first email was send about month ago. Maybe I should try contacting them on Facebook.

Mark

Comment

Sent you a PM with the contact email I used. Hope you work it out!
        Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
          I'm looking for some help with Memory Lane 2 from Diamond Pedals (Canada). I get distored delayed signal. Clean signal is OK. I'm trying to contact the company (Diamond Pedals in Nova Scotia, Canada) but they do not answer to any emails. Is it possible that they speak French only and the do not understand emails in English? Has anyone been successful contacting them? The effect is SMD assembly type so fixing it without a schematic, or some guidance from the company may be quite difficult. On the other hand sending the effect to Canada (and back) would cost a fortune .

Mark
          Nova Scotia is not a French-speaking part of the country.
          We should always remember that many companies we deal with - even those that have "big names" and a great reputation - can often be relatively small operations, with just a half-dozen employees. If one person gets a cold, many things can fall behind; especially correspondance.

My son lives in the same city as Diamond, and they were hit with a big snowstorm recently. It is also possible that you sent your note when they were off at NAMM. Be patient. I'm certain that any delay in hearing from them is not because they don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
            Nova Scotia is not a French-speaking part of the country..
            Thanks for the info - my mistake. Somehow I thought about Montreal.
            Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
            We should always remember that many companies we deal with - even those that have "big names" and a great reputation - can often be relatively small operations, with just a half-dozen employees. If one person gets a cold, many things can fall behind; especially correspondence.
            My son lives in the same city as Diamond, and they were hit with a big snowstorm recently. It is also possible that you sent your note when they were off at NAMM. Be patient. I'm certain that any delay in hearing from them is not because they don't care.
            Sorry for being impatient but the first mail I sent them it was in October last year. I know that someone may be ill, or busy at NAMM but I thought that almost 4 months is enough time to answer to an email :-). I sent them another email to the address provided kindly by Riz. Maybe they don't check the general mailbox, or my email landed in a spam folder (and they simply didn't noticed it). I'll try to wait patiently for the answer this time .

EDIT: in the meantime I check the effect for cold solder joints but I don't see anything wrong with the board. The power supply rails are OK (15V, 5V and 12V). All pots and switches work correctly. The only problem is that echo signal is distorted. On the input of the first MN3005 (there are two of them) there is very clean and correct signal.

Mark
            Last edited by MarkusBass; 02-16-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

You're right. October IS a bit long to wait.

What you describe sounds like the bias trimpot for the one MN3005 needs adjusting. There is a zone of adjustment where you get clean delay. A little bit higher or lower than that and you get delay that's distorted. A bit higher or lower than that, andthe chip doesn't pass signal. You CAN tweak the trimmer as much as you want. Nothing will fry.

Comment

Working...
              X