No announcement yet.

PC constipated- help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like LibreOffice it is a real professional grade Free Office suite.
    Here's the link, if anyone wants to download a free copy.
    It is available for Windows, Mac, and linux.
    Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

An Architect Lady friend of mine drew a line in the sand: when she learnt Autocad (for DOS) at the University, it had a low number, think 5 or 6, the next higher version appeared, then Autocad for Windows (3.1), after a couple versions came the one for W95 and so on, year after year.
      When she mastered one, next "improved" one came out.

She complained : I design buildings, dammit, shouldn't be worrying about the "pencil and paper" I use, so stopped "upgrading" for quite a few years (maybe 4 or 5) and used her time on something useful.

She only jumped to next higher level (skipping 4 or 5 steps in the ladder and sometimes more) when blueprint plotting shops or fellow Architects started complaining that it was starting to get hard to open her files.

It reduced her useless brain overload by a 5:1 ratio.

FWIW I have friends who always have the latest software, are always tweaking something ... and do little or nothing (meaning copper+parts+solder) , at most simulate all kinds of stuff.

And when they actually build something are plagued by hum/hiss/RF/you name it.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X