Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class D - ok to leave on channel unused?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class D - ok to leave on channel unused?

I have a few of these wee amps and they're handy. I was just going to buy another 2.1 version and may not use all three channels. Is that OK being transistor (as it usually is)?
    BTW These are sensitive and don't really like live hookups and unplugging very much;(

YJ NEW DIY TPA3116 2 1 High Power Digital Amplifier Board | eBay

I can't help you with your question but I do from time to time find myself being intrigued by the cheap class D kits that are found on ebay. Are they any good? The lack of documentation on the listings tends to put me off somewhat I'd like to have a crack at a high(ish) powered hybrid bass amp at some point.

Comment

Leaving them unconnected will not do them any harm.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

OK thanks nickb, that what i figured.
        Z, these amps are pretty good actually but would benefit from a good preamp—and they're dirt cheap! They're used in power studio monitors oft wit some parts upgrades.

Comment

Cool. I may investigate some of the mono board that are kicking about on ebay later in the year. In keeping with typical class D topologies I may well go with an SMPS too, however anything in the 400W range tends to be rather large (e.g., 48v 8.3a 400w Dc Regulated Switching Led Power Supply CNC with Ce: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories - Size: 215*115*50mm) which leads me to wonder about how some of the high powered class D bass amps manage to be so small.

Comment

Working...
          X