Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use Allparts HB bobbins? There's been a change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WolfeMacleod View Post
    I'll be co-opping with Stew-Mac and another winder.
    Can we assume from this that StewMac will be retailing this when it comes online ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrebird Steve View Post
      Can we assume from this that StewMac will be retailing this when it comes online ?
      It will replace the original ones they've (and Allparts) carried for years...the ones I hooked them up with when I found out the Japanese company (Keiyo) that actually made them.

There will be a major improvement in the knit or "flow" lines between the polepiece holes.

Comment

Wolfe, are you going to sell bobbins?
        T
        Last edited by big_teee; 05-18-2016, 08:47 PM.
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          Wolfe, are you going to sell bobbins?
          T
          Most likely, yes. It'll help offset the tooling investment.

BTW, We now have the opportunity to have the mold made in California for another $700... company has worked with this mold-maker before, and it will be a much higher quality mold than the previously mentioned Chinese mold. Since they're local, direct control over mold repairs or modifications will be easier than China, too.
          However, that quote won't last long..

Comment

It'd be nice if one of the wholesalers got on board with this project along with Stemac. I don't know who's selling the most bucker parts these days but preferably Mojo or Allparts.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
              It'd be nice if one of the wholesalers got on board with this project along with Stemac. I don't know who's selling the most bucker parts these days but preferably Mojo or Allparts.
              Yeaa.. Allparts scrooed the pooch, IMO. I asked them if they'd be interested in them, if I could reproduce them. They flatly said "NO" Bummer for them, our part will be vastly superior.. brand new, fresh mold,USA-made, little to no flashing, knit line elimination, variety of colors and materials.

Looks like Arcane might be dropping out of this venture, so it'll just be me and StewMac unless he responds soon. OUch for the increase in $ out of pocket.

Comment

I have a friend in China who might be able to help you out. He's a Kiwi engineer working in China. He works closely with a company that does some pretty good injection moulding, and the fact that he's able to review the results immediately means there's a lot of time and money saved. I've had some prototype parts from them, and they were very neat. Also good for any CNC work. As I understand it, they have some of the latest injection moulding machines, and produce a good quality product. Could be a great contact for this project, if anyone cares to contact him.

B
                Attached Files
                BHL Guitar Technologies - hand made guitar plectrums and more.
                https://www.facebook.com/BHL.Guitar.Technologies

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Little View Post
                  I have a friend in China who might be able to help you out. He's a Kiwi engineer working in China. He works closely with a company that does some pretty good injection moulding, and the fact that he's able to review the results immediately means there's a lot of time and money saved. I've had some prototype parts from them, and they were very neat. Also good for any CNC work. As I understand it, they have some of the latest injection moulding machines, and produce a good quality product. Could be a great contact for this project, if anyone cares to contact him.

B
                  I may do that for another project, depending on how those quotes work out.

Comment

WD?

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                      WD?
                      They carry all Kent Armstrong's parts.. but I'd send 'em samples and see if they're interested in buying direct from me. Which would be nice, for an ongoing revenue stream.

Comment

the best is to have your own mould, i just did it and i am very happy with results, cost was big but i can now have many bobbins at lower cost and don't need to worry for waiting them, mould is in my workshop and when i need bobbins or rings i just drive like 30 miles and have 1000 bobbins/rings in 2-3 days

machine for the job

wish you luck guys!

Comment

Alex? Man, that's some impressive work!

Comment

thanx man!

Comment

Nice work Alex - any bobbins for sale ?
                              cheers
                              steve

Comment

sorry mate, i can't sell at this point. i think Wolfe and guys will have some for sale pretty soon

Comment

Working...
                                X