Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one use WD Nickel humbucker covers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one use WD Nickel humbucker covers ?

Any thoughts on them ? I'm thinking of trying them as I have to order some parts from them & I need covers which I usually order covers from mojo .
    I did have a few here & they looked good & i made sure they were Nickel under the plating but i was in a pinch & sold them ...
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
    Any thoughts on them ? I'm thinking of trying them as I have to order some parts from them & I need covers which I usually order covers from mojo .
    I did have a few here & they looked good & i made sure they were Nickel under the plating but i was in a pinch & sold them ...
    Haven't tried WDs as I usually buy Mojo's.
    Prices on gold HB covers have gone through the roof. Best price I can find is AllParts @ $18/pair (dealer). I've never had problems with them and they are nickel silver.

cheers,
    Jack Briggs

sigpic
    www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Yes. I use WD for most of my stuff now.
      The chrome or nickel ones in nickel silver are $4 and change, the gold ones are $6 and change.
      They also have 3x3 covers in nickel silver.

The only ones I still get from mojo are the raw covers, though I've not ordered those in a while.
      Most of the stuff I get from mojo is slowly creeping up in price to the point where its cheaper elsewhere.
      I do like their bobbins the best though.

Comment

I just put an order in to WD a few days ago Copperhead.
        I added two nickel silver covers to the order just to test them out.
        I'll post my results (Q factor and res peak) compared to the Mojo covers as soon as I have a chance try them out.

Comment

Has anyone tried the philadelphialutherietools covers yet? I emailed them early on to ask about price breaks on large cover orders and he was willing to work with me then but I scrapped the project.

Comment

I use the WD covers. I like them, but the last batch I got was all tarnished. Otherwise I use the Mojo covers. I use the T-bird covers from philadelphialutherietools.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I've been using the Philly Luthe raw nickel full size 'bucker covers.

Been fooling around with various finishing techniques involving combinations of Scotch-Brite, Micro Mesh, rotary & vibrational tumbling, throwing them into some Tupperware with onion, garlic & vinegar, hand polishing, etc.

Really, they're all pretty viable finishes; I'm trying to let them sit around long enough to see how they hold up down the road.

Covers seem quite cool to me, but I'm not really trying to cop a vintage thing.

Comment

Working...
              X