Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Little amp with the tone I love most wants to *ELECTROCUTE* me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wimps...

All you need is a trendy, full body conductive suit when using this amp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	accessories-suit-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	841515

Also good for working on HV power lines, tazer attacks and nearby lightning strikes. Comes complete with discharge stick.
    Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Those connectors you're using on the power cord look like low voltage phone line connectors. I have a box of them for when I used to do telephone work. They should not be used for line voltage unless they're rated as such.

The rest is exactly what the other guys said, no other comments are necessary from me.
      --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

All the parts to fix your amp are available. Aside from installing a mains transformer, you would need need to replace the electrolytic capacitors as well because they deteriorate with age and can fail abruptly. The Pepco schematic appears to largely correspond with your amp (aside form the errors outlined), though I can't see whats behind the 'Toastmaster' cover - is this easily removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
          ...though I can't see whats behind the 'Toastmaster' cover - is this easily removed?
          Nice component clamp, isn't it? To me it looks like that is a two section filter cap replacement for two of the caps in the original cap. It looks like the red and blue wires were cut off of the original one.

Comment

Working...
          X