Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 59 Bassman Schematic Modified with Reverb circuit

Hello Folks,

I imagine this question has come up before. Given the wonders of a Fender '59 Bassman amplifier, it is strange that Fender never created a product with the '59 Bassman schematic and their Fender 6G15 Reverb circuit. Unless they did so indirectly. Now in my research, the Fender '65 Princeton with Reverb is damned close to that.

Now when I studied the schematics of the '59 Bassman it seemed like it could be easily modified to add a reverb tank circuit. Has anybody done this? Do you have schematics and plans you would like to share with me?

Thanks!

Bone_Dddy

What's So Funny Bout Peace, Love and Understanding

Since it is nominally a bass amp, in general bass amps do not have reverbs because it would just make mud. Even on guitar amos with reverbs you may note the reverb circuit input cap is usually smaller to limit the bottom end hitting the reverb.

If you explore Fender schematics, you will see they are all VERY similar. I realize a lot more people use the Bassman for guitar, but still. There are other 50 watt Fender amps with reverb.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
    X