Mesa Boogie Prodigy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Prodigy

Hi everybody. I own a mesa boogie prodigy and about a week ago starts making a crackling sound with all pots down. So i replace the power tubes, clean the sockets, but the noise it still there. i used to repair some solid state amps, but this is a little different. Can you guys give some tips...

Welcome to the place.
    Originally posted by Simpson View Post
    Hi everybody. I own a mesa boogie prodigy and about a week ago starts making a crackling sound with all pots down. So i replace the power tubes, clean the sockets, but the noise it still there. i used to repair some solid state amps, but this is a little different. Can you guys give some tips...
    This amp uses 2 driver tubes and 1 preamp tube.

Did you check/clean the sockets of the driver tubes? I also assume that you set the bias when you replaced the outputs.

Comment

Yes. I check the pre amp tubes, clean the sockets And set the bias to 120ma.

Comment

The last thing that I can suggest is to try changing the 3 12AX7 positions to see if there is any difference in the crackling.

I believe that because that amp is still being produced, there are no schematics available to non-authorized people. I guess that you can still try and contact Mesa to see if they will send you one, because the next step would be to start checking power supply components.

Comment

after resoldering the tube sockets and the plate resistors (they have made some kind of upgrade) the noise is almost gone.

Thank you for your reply!

Comment

Working...
          X