Egnater Tourmaster 4100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnater Tourmaster 4100

This came to me with low volume. A quick look at the tubes showed the PI only lighting one heater. I tested it on my tester, sure enough, it's dead. A new tube fixed the problem - until we put it back in the cabinet. Now the #3 & 4 (overdrive) channels won't work right. They have volume but no overdrive. WTH? We didn't touch anything underneath when putting it back in the cab, and it worked perfectly right before doing so.

There are so many chips and circuit boards in this thing, I have to ask Bruce - what the hell were you thinking when you designed this one??? You can't even change two of the power tubes without pulling the chassis. I have read so many nightmare stories about this series it's not funny.

*sigh*
    --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

I've got one here with a shorted power transformer. I was reluctant to even take it on. In the shop we would call them Toastmasters. All I can do is get a replacement transformer & hope it works. Nightmare for sure.
    Drewline

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Comment

What about the tour master 4212? Does it have reliability problems too? I love that thing. I played it yesterday along with my fender hand wired 57 tweed twin, and it holds its own and more against the twin. The 4212 is way more versatile. But I love them both. Am I likely to start having problems?

Comment

I think it is a combo version. The 4100 is a head. As for reliability issues you know we repair people only see the one's with problems.
        Drewline

When was the last time you did something for the first time?

Comment

Working...
        X