No announcement yet.

SVT-7 Pro dead and free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of old Danelectros, Sears Silvertones, Wards Airlines & who knows what else made with bent "beaverboard" aka "homasote." They don't like to get wet either, so keep 'em dry. 50+ years later many are just turning (back) into dust anyway, giving the local cab carp something to do. And whatever you do, don't stand on any of the above, especially while the amp's on!
    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

In my defense the Musicians Friend reviews of this specific model describe 14 failures out of 31 total reviews, self reported but 45% is concerning.

RevA is apparently worst but several failures were RevC (my unit is RevC) Its a complex design apparently held together by
      Crappy solder.
      Crappy solder.
      Crappy solder

(credit to JBP!)
      Last edited by tedmich; 04-11-2016, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Crappy solder.
        Crappy solder.
        Crappy solder.

Comment

I replaced all the bad components I could find, plugged it in threw the switch and promptly blew a crater where the new ICE chip was...in the trash it goes! class D

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
            I replaced all the bad components I could find, plugged it in threw the switch and promptly blew a crater where the new ICE chip was...in the trash it goes! class D
            What, no "lite bulb limiter?"
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Anybody want to resurrect this Ampeg SVT-7 Pro? I'll send it to you for the price of shipping!

Reduce reuse recycle keep this Chinese wonder out of the landfill!

Earn your SMPS bonafides and flip it for a profit (if your time is worth "some low number") !

PM if interested

Comment

I'll take it

Comment

Working...
                X