Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do y fellow Canadien friends get tube amp stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do y fellow Canadien friends get tube amp stuff?

So? Where do you guys get your stuff?

Thanks

Please define 'stuff'.

Comment

What ever is needed to build a tube amp.
      Tolex, hardware, tubes, speaker, transformers, etc.

Comment

city/prov ?
        I get most of my stuff online, as I'm not near any big cities. For tubes and related parts, my local music store deals with CE Dist. (wholesale arm of tubesandmore.com) so if it's not a big hurry, I get them to order in for me. For generic electronic parts, I get them from Digikey as they have next day delivery for $8 CDN.
        Depending on where you are, there may be Canadian companies near you. The tubestore is in Hamilton, Nextgen guitars ship from Napean Ont.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Hi Alain,
          In the Ottawa region there is always Nextgen - Canada's #1 Source For DIY Musicians
          The Tube Store, in Hamilton, has been a dependable source for many years: www.thetubestore.com - Your online source for audio vacuum tubes.
          This place has some decent prices on higher-voltage caps: http://www.justradios.com/cart.html

Comment

Hey, wait a second. I missed the spelling first time around. Is this post just for Habs fans?
            Sorry about all the new found free time during the playoff season .
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Al/Alain and I work for the same organization, a few floors apart. I've been temporarily working elsewhere for the last 18 months, but we expect to be a few floors apart once more in the near future. I actually don't know who he roots for, but the Sens have been disassembled, packed up, and put away for the summer. I'm just waiting for the CFL to start up again in 2-1/2 months.

Comment

CE Dist is good though I used to order from New Sensor too.

Comment

If this post if for Habs fans ...... I'll have to get out!
                  I live in a hockey free house! Yes I'm a french Québecois and I don't care about hockey!!!! We do exist!

Comment

Ok. Allouettes or Redblacks?

Comment

Ha yes I like Football, but I'm in no way a fan. Casual watcher at most.
                      Even if I'm on the Québec side, I'd have to say Redblacks 'cause they are 'lot closer to home. But their is a place in my heart for the Allouettes

Comment

http://www.tiptopelectronics.com/

A store is in town, not sure about shipping. Otherwise I get stuff from EBay.

Comment

Working...
                        X