Peavey Bandit 112 - MSC 2B DZ89052 diode alternative/replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Bandit 112 - MSC 2B DZ89052 diode alternative/replacement

I've got an older peavey bandit 112 with a burnt diode I'm having a hard time tracking down info on. It's labeled as MSC 2B DZ89052.

Any body know of alfteratives/replacements for it?

Also, I'm trying to track down a schematic for this amp. The info on the board is:
    Bandit 112
    PV-7U-A
    FJE

Thanks ahead of time for any info/help...

Originally posted by kevtronic View Post
    I've got an older peavey bandit 112 with a burnt diode I'm having a hard time tracking down info on. It's labeled as MSC 2B DZ89052.
    Mr. Google suggests two 1N4006s or 1N4007s in series may be an acceptable substitute.
    Hard to find diode... - diyAudio
    DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

I responded over at PV board.

It is their dual diode they have used forever. it is a dual diode in one part, so testing it like a regular diode makes it look high, but unless it is totally open or shorted, it is likely just fine. You get them from Peavey. As resourceful as I like to be, I never screw around with these, I just get the factory part from PV.

You can get any schematic from Peavey customer service, but I linked it over there, so here:

http://bmamps.com/Schematics/Peavey/..._Schematic.pdf
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I figured it was a dual diode, but it's the first time I've run across the 'DZ'. The others I've seen have been 'SZ'. Thanks for the schematic too. The DZ89052 is completely open. The two power transistors are bad to. I've been checking the components in the surrounding area and haven't found anything else. Hopefully a couple 1n4007's in series and an MJ15024/25 pair will do the trick...

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by kevtronic View Post
          Hopefully a couple 1n4007's in series and an MJ15024/25 pair will do the trick...
          Replacing the parts as stated above seems to be working great. I let the amp sit and run for a few hours without any hiccups and it's sounding nice - so, I'm calling it all good...

Thanks again for the help and tips.

Comment

Working...
          X