Source for Peavey 7 pin DIN jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Peavey 7 pin DIN jack?

Where can I purchase a 7 pin DIN pc mount jack? I contacted Peavey and they have discontinued this part. (See attached photo.) I am repairing a Peavey Backstage Chorus 208. I also tried Antique Electronic Supply, Angela Instruments, Mojotone, Tube Depot, with no luck.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

You'll have to check hole spacing, etc., but this might work.

SDS-70J CUI Inc. | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Did PV kill the 71466069? My schematic has a note for 71466226 as an alternative.

Looking at the layout, the footprint of the Digikey part looks wrong. But the little jack sits on its own snap-off part of the board, so no reason you can't use a common panel mount DIN7 and just run wires to it. There are a couple resistors and a transistor on the little board, but they could be mounted on a small hunk of perf board. Or indeed, use the Digikey part and run wires to its legs from the existing board an inch away.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

If the Digikey part won't work, this guy has the Peavey part listed on this page:

Parts

Home page with phone number:

The Stereo Doctor

You might give them a call.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Well, he seems to have the right part number.

You gave me a start. I used to have a phone listed as The Stereo Doctor. Originally the business plan was to repair stereos for college students around the university area. MSU has 45,000 students and maybe as many employees. But then the pro audio thing happened and we left consumer audio as a courtesy to the community, but not a real focus. I thought for a moment you had found an old listing of mine. Thankfully not.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

The Cui SDS-70J looks identical!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Peavey told me that there are no replacements for this part.

The Digikey part is close but the screw mounting holes are different. I might be able to make it work.

I am going to contact the Stereo Doctor and see if I purchase his PV part.

Thanks again!

Comment

Since I had no luck sourcing the part, I ended up epoxy gluing the broken piece. So far the mounting piece is holding!

Comment

Working...
                X