43 AWG - Red or Natural. Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43 AWG - Red or Natural. Difference?

Is there a difference between Remington's 43 AWG Red vs the natural color? The specs look identical. If it's just color wouldn't red be a little easier to see?

Hi Timius:
    I can see the lighter Natural the best.
    Gibson used red in some of their later PAF type pickups like T-Tops.
    I have some of all of it, and the brown PE is the hardest for me to see of all.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Has the tonal properties been the same?

Comment

IME, the only thing that effects tone with wire is the wire O.D.size, coating thickness, and ohms per foot.
        Every roll now a days seems to be different, with the trend being smaller and smaller.
        That's why when you buy new wire it may not sound like or read the same ohms as your last roll.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          IME, the only thing that effects tone with wire is the wire O.D.size, coating thickness, and ohms per foot.
          Every roll now a days seems to be different, with the trend being smaller and smaller.
          That's why when you buy new wire it may not sound like or read the same ohms as your last roll.
          T
          Got it! thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X