No announcement yet.

Randall rg100 Es ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last i heard they still do. That is my all time favorite thing Peavey ever did.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I went about and ordered a bunch of TL604cp chips months and months ago. Still got to test them to see if they are even legit, but I did not pay very much for them either. This thread just reminded me I have to build a test set up to check them out.

Here is some info on the Peavey kits.
      https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/P-QTL604-AK
      Attached Files
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

TL604 can still be purchased on ebay - $5.17

Mark

Comment

Just for the record, if the original and replacement disappear, you can always kludge a replacement out of a generic CD4016/4066/whatever_it's_called_now .
          Gloriously crude, just 4 separate SPST gates , no extra circuitry to "help" you, no level shifting, no "enable" pin, no internal Logic, nothing.
          *You* supply the trigger voltages and maybe add a transistor and a couple resistors to invert signals so when one gate goes ON another goes OFF.
          In fact the functionality of I*two* TL604 in a single outdated 16 pin through hole package

Larger than the original so no straight plug-in as the elegant Peavey replacement, but you can make a still small pcb hooked to original holes with some solid core wire to hold it safely.
          A drop of hot glue can help

The point is that maybe someday no replacement or NOS is available, yet somehow these amps can still be made to work.

On a personal side, TL604 is unobtanium, freight and Customs make them way more expensive than they are worth, so ironing and etching a small PCB becomes interesting.

FWIW I have replaced them with a pair hard wired FETs, an N channel and a P channel with gates joined, a positive voltage turns one ON, the other OFF; a negative one does the exact opposite, works like a charm.

Exact configuration depends on amp (GK/Fender/Peavey) because not all wire or trigger them the same way so the basic idea must be adapted to the particular amp.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
            TL604 can still be purchased on ebay - $5.17
            From what I can see, the ones on ebay are coming from Hong Kong. I expect that they are counterfeit.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
              I went about and ordered a bunch of TL604cp chips months and months ago. Still got to test them to see if they are even legit, but I did not pay very much for them either. This thread just reminded me I have to build a test set up to check them out.
              Just quoting myself to address whether or not these chips I ordered were real or fake... The verdict is in and ALL 12 of the chips passed with flying colors!! Holy Chip!! I was expecting the worst and that every one of them were worthless junk. So I paid 50 cents for each and I ordered 12. $8.20 total shipped for these rare birds!! I ordered them from UTSource direct on their website and not through Ebay, but probably would not have made any difference. I guess I took a gamble and won.

Comment

Not the same and you ordered from the "good" place.
                UTSource is "a Company" and presumed to stand behind their products; generic "Hong Kong EBay seller" MAY be a parking lot assistant guy or similar low pay jobber who at night earns a few extra bucks by reselling junk to unsuspecting Americans and who couldnīt care less about bad feedback, worst case he opens a new account and starts clean and fresh.
                Glad you got the good ones
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                  Not the same and you ordered from the "good" place.
                  UTSource is "a Company" and presumed to stand behind their products; generic "Hong Kong EBay seller" MAY be a parking lot assistant guy or similar low pay jobber who at night earns a few extra bucks by reselling junk to unsuspecting Americans and who couldnīt care less about bad feedback, worst case he opens a new account and starts clean and fresh.
                  Glad you got the good ones
                  I meant I could have ordered from UTSource's Ebay page. If you look it up it has all the same logo stuff and is the same affiliation.

Comment

Working...
                  X