New 10" Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 10" Speakers

I am restoring a Fender Super Six Reverb for a customer. I ordered 6 of these speakers (see link below). The customer then decided he wanted the original speakers reconed. So, I have 6 of these for sale. Will sell at 15 bucks each + shipping. I just need them moved on. Perfectly acceptable new speakers. PM me if interested. Will sell any quantity up to 6.

Line 6 Line6 10" Guitar Speakers 50 Watts Awesome New | eBay
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

from eBay listing...

"YOU MUST PURCHASE 2 IF YOU WANT A PAIR"

... let me check that with my calculator!

From specs listed on eBay it looks like they are 25 watt RMS

Steve A.

P.S. Have you tried them out? I heard that modeling amps generally use very flat and neutral-sounding speakers to be able to handle all of the various models...
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
      from eBay listing...

"YOU MUST PURCHASE 2 IF YOU WANT A PAIR"

... let me check that with my calculator!
      He probably wrote that in anger

I sell through the Argentine branch of EBay, called "Mercado Libre", also use their "Paypal", called "Mercado Pago"

On a typical product, say "4x10"Bass cabinet, 320W RMS, 8 ohms" Baffle Fahey Bajo 4x10 320w 8 Ohms + Bocina Agudos - $ 4.650,00 en MercadoLibre which in the subtitle or as body plainly states:
      * Mercado Pago accepted.
      * Price (Argentine Pesos, today 14$A=1US$) $ 4650 or 6x775 no interest payments
      * New product.
      * Warranty 1 year, no matter what.
      * Freight both ways paid by the customer.
      * Check delivery cost (depending on location)

Typical questions:
      - "How much does it cost"? (no kidding)
      - "can I buy it with my credit card and pay monthly?"
      - "do you accept Mercado Pago?"
      - "What's the impedance?" which might also be spelled : inperance/implicance/inductance/whatever
      - "I have a 100/120/150/200W head, will your cabinet stand so much power?"
      - "do you deliver to other Provinces?
      - "I am playing on Saturday (it's Thursday late night) , will it arrive on time?" . Note: guy lives in a faraway province, 800km from his province capital , in an 800 people town with dirt roads and no sewer system.
      Even Argentine Mail (think USPS) sends a van twice a week only.
      - "will you include a free cover with it?"
      - "will you adequately package it?"
      mind you, I *had* to include this picture in the ad:

so I FULLY understand the speaker seller actually writing: "you need 2 to make a pair"
      I bet he had some Paypal cancellation or complaint based on that.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
        ......From specs listed on eBay it looks like they are 25 watt RMS...
        Yes, that is the case. They sounded great in the Super Six. The customer just decided he wanted "the original look", regardless of cost.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          Yes, that is the case. They sounded great in the Super Six. The customer just decided he wanted "the original look", regardless of cost.
          And how would people know looking through the grill cloth?
          Even if it were transparent (which it is not), how could normal people (99.99% of them at least) know the difference?
          Even if they knew, would they care?
          Would a mob of angry customers storm the tikcket office asking for refunds?

OMFG

Next time you replace his "tone capacitor" inside his guitar, remember to use the current (fake) Bumblebee or whatever, just in case a customer with X Ray eyes (think Superman) can see through wood and plastic (and probably through the pot itself) and complains.

Although, now that I think of it, he would *also* see the modern cap inside the faake "Bumblebee" housing ... wouldn't he?
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
            Even if it were transparent (which it is not), how could normal people (99.99% of them at least) know the difference?
            That's just how it is with some customers... everything has to be "all original" or else they throw a wobbler.

Luckily 99.5% of 'em are more reasonable!

If they were in some kind of gear contest, where judges would award a prize dependent on "all original" as some car competitions go, I could see it. But there ain't no such for amps.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I'm guessing it's open back and he wants them to look original for "vintage value" purposes.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Sure.
                I bet he wants to impress the drummer or something.
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post

OMFG

Next time you replace his "tone capacitor" inside his guitar, remember to use the current (fake) Bumblebee or whatever, just in case a customer with X Ray eyes (think Superman) can see through wood and plastic (and probably through the pot itself) and complains.

Although, now that I think of it, he would *also* see the modern cap inside the faake "Bumblebee" housing ... wouldn't he?
                  Juan,

From my own personal standpoint, I agree 100%. It's one of those "The customer is always right" things. I take full responsibility for this one. I should have talked to the customer before ordering the speakers. Why didn't I? I've been doing this for 35+ years. Never once has a customer agreed to pay 3 times the cost to recone old speakers vs. buying new similar replacements- not once. I thought it was a safe bet that he wouldn't want to spend money on something most of us would consider foolish. That said, I learned my lesson and it's certainly not the customer's fault. It's not what I would do (or most anyone else), but it's his prerogative, his amp, his decision. So, in the interest of doing the right thing and making the customer happy, I'm in the process of reconing six 10" speakers. Again, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the speakers I originally installed. They sounded great. He just doesn't want them. I'd have absolutely no problem putting them in my own amp if I had a need for 10" speakers.

Comment

Don't forget to order six if you want half a dozen.
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                      Don't forget to order six if you want half a dozen.
                      LOL Reminds me of The Dude's concert t-shirt selling joke or Enzo's buy 1 for a $1.50 or buy 3 for $5.
                      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I bet he wants to impress the drummer or something.
                        That is easy, just tip him a couple extra bucks when he delivers your pizza.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

What led you to select the Line 6 speakers over other available speakers?

Comment

In short, cost. It was indicated at the start of the rebuild that cost was a concern and flip-flopped later. Also, I've used those speakers in the past and thought they sounded good.

Comment

Working...
                            X