Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sessionette 75 - fault

Hello All,

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated - Its best SS amp I've ever heard and I really want to bring it back to life.

My lovely sessionette 75 started playing up last week, the initially symptoms were a loud crackling and distortion noise across both channels in normal operation - this was initially remedied by turning off and on.

The switch also began to flicker (it's almost a song) too - and then the input stopped working altogether - I get sound on the FX return and there is a very very small sound from the input. The EQ and channel selection do nothing.

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...-schematic.gif

As the Caps are 30 years old should I look there?

Thanks
    Rob

Thank you for starting a new thread for your amp.

The physical stimulation that I suggested earlier was to see if the problem in your preamp is due to a loose connection, a broken lead, a bad solder joint, etc.

If you take the insulated end of a screwdriver and tap on the different parts on the pc board, can you cause the problem to start or stop?

Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to use it? Do you feel comfortable with working on a amplifier with a live chassis?

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
      Thank you for starting a new thread for your amp.

The physical stimulation that I suggested earlier was to see if the problem in your preamp is due to a loose connection, a broken lead, a bad solder joint, etc.

If you take the insulated end of a screwdriver and tap on the different parts on the pc board, can you cause the problem to start or stop?

Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to use it? Do you feel comfortable with working on a amplifier with a live chassis?
      I've tried tapping on diff parts of board, but to no avail.

I've cobbled together a tone amp with some old multimeter leads and a usb speaker to try and trace a tone from an MP3.

Yes I have a multimeter and I 've got a reasonable idea how to use it - I'm ok with it live too (I'm sensible i think!)

Thanks for your advice

Comment

Check the 15V +/- rails.. Common problems in the ones ive seen, Normally broken tracks. Sometimes the send and return jacks can cause issues.

BBB

Comment

Working...
        X