18 watt clone (mojotone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 watt clone (mojotone)

I built amp it works good no noise and has great tone does not break much , but the volume is not there all voltage is good compared to list except v2 phase inverter tube pin 2 is very low voltage . compared to 15 watt amp volume is about half . can anyone give me some ideas of what to check .

Low wattage amps are very finicky about the amplitude of the input signal.

So, what is the input voltage.

What do you measure for an output wattage?

Comment

Low wattage amps are very finicky about the amplitude of the input signal.

So, what is the input voltage.

What do you measure for an output wattage?

What is the resistance of the speaker load?

Is the output transformer the correct one for the output tube configuration/ speaker load?

Comment

Pin 2 or Pin 7 of the phase inverter will not measure correctly with most meters. If Pins 1, 3, 6 and 8 are reasonably close, we can assume Pins 2 and 7 are OK.
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

good news I fixed it there is a jumper on v2 from pin 3 to pin 8 bad solder on pin 8 side , plus sockets they supplied me in kit are garbage I replaced them , now amp really sings . I just have a very low oscillation in back ground when I stop playing any thoughts . thanks guys

Comment

Hum and oscillation fixed it was a matter of were I grounded things and layout wire length and position are very important .

Comment

Working...
            X