Legend Rock and Roll 50 schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legend Rock and Roll 50 schematics

I have a Legend Rock and Roll 50 1x12 combo amp that i need schematics for. All those Ive found online you can see the components but the values are blurry. I need all the schematics for this amp please.

Here is

http://www.prowessamplifiers.com/schematics/misc/Legend_Rock_and_Roll_50.html
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Yeah that is probably the "blurry" copy he was referring to. I don't this there is a good quality copy of this schematic available. For example, this site sells many schematics and this one is for $15. Although it says "not great quality but usable schematic." Most values that are the worst to read seem like the cathode resistors and such. Maybe you could look at what is in the amp and make a better copy of component values for all to share?
      Legend*SchematicsLegend*Schematics
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

If no better copy exists, we *might* do some team effort.
        You print a copy,check it against the real amp you have and pencil corrected values, as you see them, then scann and post it here.
        Then if there is some part which is burnt/missing and missing in schematic we *may* give it a value by deduction.
        Among all we reconstruct a usable schematic.

Example: the gain stage+cathode follower feeding a tone control: only readable value is 100k plate resistor on the gain triode; the blurred cathode resistor value, both by position and what the blurred digits miaght be 820 ohms, a favorite value, and not, say, 1k / 1k2 / 1k5 / 1k8 / 2k2 which all may work there; by the same token the cathode follower looks "thin-fat-fat" blurs so probably 100k (again a popular value) and not, say, 56k or 47k, which are at least possible.
        So in a nutshell, having most values (thanks to you) we can make educated guesses.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Thanks for the schematics! However, I already have these and of course everything on PC5003 is extremely blurry. It looks like I'm going to either have to dig the amp out of storage and check everything against the schematic. And yes I do have some burned resistors which is why I was asking for schematics.

Another way we might be able to pull this off is that if anyone out there that has one of these amps could post a "gut shot" I could see what the particular resistors are that are burned and could compose a readable set of schematics for this amp.

Meanwhile, I'll have to dig thru storage and pull the amp out so we can get her running again.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Comment

More of the same .. I did try to clean the schematic.. one is the PDF from above joined and the other is the jpg schematic on the Legendamps@Tripod site.

Here's a external picture of a head..... so we can see what they look like
            http://medias.audiofanzine.com/image...50-1117637.jpg

and here is some info re legend (in case someone knows someone!)

From Wikipedia Kustom Amplification

"Some affiliated companies and trademarks were Woodson and Legend. Woodson Electronics,Inc. from Bolivar, Missouri was an independent business entity founded by Thomas Woodson in the early 1970s (around the same time when Kustom was acquired by Gretsch).
            The exact affiliation to Kustom Electronics is yet unknown but most likely the Kansas-based Kustom factory was the manufacturer of Woodson branded amplifiers.
            Legend hybrid amplifiers of Legend Musical Instruments, Inc. from Syracuse, New York were also manufactured by the Kustom factory.
            Reputedly these were engineered by Richard Newman (an employee of Bonne Music Shop) and a former employee of Woodson Electronics."

From The TDPRI forum 2010
            Legend Guitar Amplifiers | Telecaster Guitar Forum

Post #9
            "I was the original founder and President of Legend Musical Instruments.
            At the NAMM show in I believe 1980 Leo Fender told me that he thought we had the best guitar amplifier on the market."

Post #14
            "The original design of the Rock N Roll series was designed by a guy who was one of our partners by the name of Bob Brinkman
            from Chanute, Kansas.
            He was and I'm sure still is a real hands on Leo Fender type who had been involved in electronics since the birth of Rock and Roll."

Post #29
            "The electronic design of the 30 and 60 was done by the guy I initially had talked with about starting Legend, a brilliant engineer by
            the name of Steve Phillips. It was conceived as an amp that would reach a wider audience than the 50 and 100 due to a much
            lower price. The board was designed to be the same for both the models and could be populated for either wattage."

---------------------
            I presume Music Parts also have a fuzzy copy!...?

Legend Rock N Roll 50 guitar amp | Harmony Central

Post #6 2012
            "I did some looking online and found MusicParts.com who had a set of schematics for my Legend.
            However, PC5003, the preamp board, is still very fuzzy as far as trying to read component numbers and values."
            ----------------------

Some info and blurry schematic
            Legend Amp Doc Page

That's all of the legend I could find today.! Attachments approx 800k ea.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bim View Post
              Another way we might be able to pull this off is that if anyone out there that has one of these amps could post a "gut shot" I could see what the particular resistors are that are burned and could compose a readable set of schematics for this amp.

Meanwhile, I'll have to dig thru storage and pull the amp out so we can get her running again.
              Please understand that I don't mean anything really critical here, but why does someone here need to do things that you won't do for yourself?

A lot of people here will go way out of their way to help you fix your amp, but I would think that the least you could do would be to find your amp first and then tell us what you need.

Sorry, I'm just being cranky here.

Comment

Excuse me? I was asking for help. In case you didn't bother to read my post, I have 2 resistors that are burned beyond recognition and an unreadable schematic that everyone has the same copy but says theirs is readable when it's not. Was asking for someone with the same amp to post a gut shot so I could make a readable set of schematics for everyone who has this amp imposing on them? I just asked, not demanded. Big effing difference. And if nobody wants to help, fine. But aren't we all here to help each other instead of being dicks about things? Guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bim View Post
                  Excuse me? I was asking for help. In case you didn't bother to read my post, I have 2 resistors that are burned beyond recognition and an unreadable schematic that everyone has the same copy but says theirs is readable when it's not. Was asking for someone with the same amp to post a gut shot so I could make a readable set of schematics for everyone who has this amp imposing on them? I just asked, not demanded. Big effing difference. And if nobody wants to help, fine. But aren't we all here to help each other instead of being dicks about things? Guess not.
                  Sorry, I'm just a dick. Please forgive me.

Comment

Sorry but you are asking others to dig and open *their* own amps and take pictures *for you* while you didn't bother to even
                    dig thru storage and pull the amp out
                    Am I missing something here?

Just curious: how will you repair your amp, without having it physically on your bench?
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Calling a senior member here a dick on your 6th post is not going to win you friends here. Especially when they specifically state "Please understand that I don't mean anything really critical here". How you can get bent out of shape by that post is beyond me.
                      The likelihood of anyone else here having one of those amps is almost nil. One member already pored through on-line photos for gut shots. This is what you mean by "if nobody wants to help, fine"?
                      Get a grip.
                      Originally posted by Enzo
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

And I apologise for being short with everyone. I was accused of not doing the legwork when I have. All the schematics I've found were the same and fuzzy and there's very little information out there about these amps. I didn't think a gut shot was out of the question when I've seen others ask for them and get them.

Comment

If you can get into the amp and tell us which specific resistors you are looking to identify, there are those here who can likely figure it out. Can you specify location numbers or (for instance) "V1 plate resistor"? Tube amps are mostly similar in their design. It wouldn't be tough to figure out even if it necessitates comparing to known circuits with readable schematics.
                          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                            If you can get into the amp and tell us which specific resistors you are looking to identify, there are those here who can likely figure it out. Can you specify location numbers or (for instance) "V1 plate resistor"? Tube amps are mostly similar in their design. It wouldn't be tough to figure out even if it necessitates comparing to known circuits with readable schematics.
                            This was my point.

I know now that I shouldn't have said anything, and I'm sure that I'll regret posting this, but I have a Legend head around here. I'm sure that it isn't the one that the OP needs a photo of, but I was wondering why people would ask for someone here to dig out an amp, pull the chassis and take and post photos before they did at least the same?

Comment

Working...
                            X