Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackie SR1530 Not working

Hello all!
    I got a free Mackie SR 1530 today that is not working. It has no 15" speaker, but does power up. I am trying to A) figure out if it's worth it to fix or B) If there is a way to make it a passive speaker.

I haven't really done much troubleshooting yet, but I wanted to know if it should work without the woofer in it?

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give me on this. I really need it to work, but would prefer not to put $400 into it to get it working again.

-Pete

Welcome to the place!

You can troubleshoot it without speakers hooked up. It doesn't need a load. If you don't have a 15" speaker laying around to test the low amp, you can temporarily hook up any speaker you have for purposes of testing using clip leads or whatever. I would first test it without speaker and make sure the amp(s) aren't putting out DC.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply! As far as the amps not putting out DC - can you explain what it would mean if it does? I have a very basic electronics knowledge, so i appreciate any help I can get.

My band has a gig coming up, so I really need this speaker to replace a terrible older set of monitors.

Comment

Do you have a meter? If so, turn the amp on with no speakers attached and measure at the speaker leads for DC voltage. If there is DC there, you don't want to hook up speakers until the amp is repaired or it will blow them up right away. Be sure the speaker leads do not touch each other or you may blow up the amp if it's not already.

Comment

Yes, I do have a meter. So if it is working correctly, what is the meter reading that I am looking for?

Comment

It will probably be a few millivolts. If it's more than that, something is wrong. You can report your reading here and we can analyze.

Comment

Working...
            X