Tweed Bassman 5F6A chassis speaker jack spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweed Bassman 5F6A chassis speaker jack spacing

I'm working on a PCB mod for my clone 5F6A Bassman chassis (Weber chassis). I'd like to know if the original Fender chassis has the same spacing for the speaker jack cluster. My chassis measures the 4 jacks on 1.5" x 1" pitch. Can anyone with an original chassis verify that spacing? I'm also wondering if other clone chassis keep the same spacing - so - if you have another vendor's chassis, I'd appreciate hearing from you too.

An additional measure of interest is whether there is at least 1" clearance between the jack centers and the edge of the output tube, and 1.4" from jack centers to edge of PI socket. Any confirmation or contrary info would be appreciated.

If you don't care to clog the forum with responses - pls send a private message.... Thanks in advance.
    “If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.”
    -Alan K. Simpson, U.S. Senator, Wyoming, 1979-97

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

https://sites.google.com/site/stringsandfrets/

I don't have measurements but I did find the attached photo in my files.
    At least it will give you an idea of the connector layout and rough spacing. I figure that it's better than nothing since there have been no other responses yet.
    Tom
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1960 5F6A Chassis_01.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	842212

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Phillips View Post
      I don't have measurements but I did find the attached photo in my files.
      At least it will give you an idea of the connector layout and rough spacing. I figure that it's better than nothing since there have been no other responses yet.
      Tom
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]39520[/ATTACH]
      Thanks Tom - I got decent measures off your image and they confirm the jack spacing. The distances to neighbor tubes is a bit tighter than in my clone, but not by much. Thank you.
      “If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.”

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Comment

Hi uneumann

You know, the forum doesn't "clog" very easily. Anyone not interested can skip the thread easily enough. But if you were interested, I'd wager others might be as well. Remember, this is a forum, rather than an information service. Please do include your findings on such matters.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Hi uneumann

You know, the forum doesn't "clog" very easily. Anyone not interested can skip the thread easily enough. But if you were interested, I'd wager others might be as well. Remember, this is a forum, rather than an information service. Please do include your findings on such matters.
          Fair enough. So far the only info I've gotten are the posts...

Comment

Working...
          X